Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

NEW!! MPlay v3 (Jan 17 2006)

Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:56 pm

A new version of MPlay has been posted! This version is dated January 17, 2006.

Updates in this version include:
- Added total progress indicator during video playback (with chapter and bookmark indication)
- Added Smart Select functionality when "default.MPlaylist" exists in a folder
- Added Bookmark and Chapter total to info display when skipping
- Added ECP commands
- Changed: Skipping chapters on file sequences with no chapters defined now
           skips to the next or previous file in the sequence
- Fixed: MPEG-1 audio now plays correctly on DVDs
- Fixed: DVD Smart Select is no long case-sensitive

To expand of this... a new progress bar type of indicator now displays on-screen when the info button is pressed. White ticks on the bar indicate chapter points while blue ticks indicate bookmarks.

A full set of ECP commands have been added. See the website or the MPlay_use.txt file included in the distribution for more information.

Adding a MPlaylist file titled "default.MPlaylist" to a folder will now enable "Smart Select" on that folder. Highlight the folder in the file browser, and the "Choose" button will change to a "Play" button. Selecting the "Play" button or hitting the Play button on the remote will automatically launch the MPlaylist.

Skipping bookmarks and chapters now displays the total number of bookmarks or chapters along with the current bookmark or chapter (ie. Chapter 5 of 13).

Please try the new version out and let us know what you think!

http://www.permanence.com/MPlay/files/M ... 060117.zip

TheEndless and marcelo3d
Last edited by TheEndless on Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

SimonO

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:04 am

Thanks for the ECP commands, the other features also look good...
Toshiba 36ZP48, Pace Sky+ v1 (120GB), Sonos ZP80, Denon DVD-2900, Denon AVR-3805, Blue Sky SAT 6.5/B&W DM600 S3/ASW675 w/Behringer DSP1124P, Philips Pronto NG RU950/RU951

wrk24wheel

Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:46 am

Thanks for fixing the smart select. Works great now!

stang2112

Mplay vs MplayDVD

Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:49 am

Stupid Question for endless/marcelo3d. What is the difference between mplay and mplaydvd? Thanks in advance.

TheEndless
Topic Author

Re: Mplay vs MplayDVD

Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:55 pm

stang2112 wrote:
Stupid Question for endless/marcelo3d. What is the difference between mplay and mplaydvd? Thanks in advance.

MPlayDVD.roku contains the -FixTS flag which addresses audio drop-outs during DVD playback. Since the -FixTS flag doesn't work with all videos (and can actually have an adverse effect on some) it made more sense to provide a separate icon, as suggested by another user, than to include it by default.

Hope that made sense...

TheEndless
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

stang2112

Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:15 pm

Makes all the sense in the world. Thanks endless.

pg_rider

Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:59 pm

Question -- I modified my MPlay Roku file with browsedir and other settings and it works fine when I click the MPlay icon. However, when I click the MPlayDVD icon it doesn't default to the settings I changed in the file. Is there another file I need to edit?

TheEndless
Topic Author

Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:35 pm

pg_rider wrote:
Question -- I modified my MPlay Roku file with browsedir and other settings and it works fine when I click the MPlay icon. However, when I click the MPlayDVD icon it doesn't default to the settings I changed in the file. Is there another file I need to edit?

You'll need to edit the MPlayDVD.roku file as well.

TheEndless

drew138

Simple mplay question, I'm sure

Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:17 pm

When I'm watching a video using mplay and I hit the "info" button on the remote, mplay produces a bitrate figure, e.g,. 26005k.

3 questions.

First, I assume that this is the bitrate of the current stream. Would the 26005k translate into 26.005 MB/s?

Second, why does this # change throughout playback?

Lastly, is there a seperate program (Windows) that will tell you the bitrate of your files?

Thanks

Drew

marcelo3d

Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:24 pm

The bitrate shown my MPlay is a very rough bitrate estimation.
In constant bitrate files, the number may start higher and then get to its correct value.
In variable bitrate files, well, it will vary.
A second or so after a "jump" (FF, REW), the number will be the most off, thowards the high side. That is because MPlay is rebuffering and reading faster than the file really requires until the buffer fills.

Use it as a reference only. You see 26Mbps, is that playing the sony demo? It is very high. Normal OTA programs are 19Mbps max.

M.-

VikingCoder

ECP commands... YAY!

Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:07 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I couldn't wait to try the new ECP commands to integrate MPlay into my Home automation system.

Question(s):

ecp MPlay info seems to always respond MPlay: OK is it possible to have it respond the transport status. such as STOPPED or PLAYING?

ecp MPlay CurrentFileName returns MPlay: vts_01_1.vob can we get the full path back?

Thanks again
Michael

Bgrubb1

Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:26 pm

Guy's, wondeful like usual.
As a future option, could there be a command line option to change the amount of time that FF and Rewind buttions influence ?? The wife would like a way to do < 30 seconds back
Thanks again
...Barry

TheEndless
Topic Author

Re: ECP commands... YAY!

Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:22 pm

VikingCoder wrote:
ecp MPlay info seems to always respond MPlay: OK is it possible to have it respond the transport status. such as STOPPED or PLAYING?

Well, "info" is meant to be the equivalent of pressing Info on the remote. How about a new "ecp MPlay status" command instead?

VikingCoder wrote:
ecp MPlay CurrentFileName returns MPlay: vts_01_1.vob can we get the full path back?

Shouldn't be a problem.

TheEndless

TheEndless
Topic Author

Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:25 pm

Bgrubb1 wrote:
The wife would like a way to do < 30 seconds back

Not sure if I'm reading this correctly or not... did you mean greater than 30 or less than 30? Pressing the < button on the remote jumps 10 seconds back, whereas |<< jumps 30.

TheEndless

Bgrubb1

Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:56 pm

Endless
My personal suggestion would be it would be great if FF and Rew worked kinda like your HR10-250
Maybe right (or FF)arrow once does 30 seconds, twice does 1 minute, three times does 3 minutes and something similar for rewind
Really the wife wants more than 30 seconds back
...Barry