Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jmsaul

Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:44 pm

Forgive me -- I know this is somewhere in the forums, but I can't find it.

What's the current best practice in MPlay for fixing the problem where the audio and video get out of synch?

swingnstar

Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:06 pm

I believe it is to press Play/Pause twice, pretty quickly.

rlholmes

Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:47 pm

TheEndless,

Is there a reason that the scroll bar at the bottom that shows the percentage completed of the show that is playing could not show time remaining?

It is great to have some indication of the elapsed/remaining time but knowing the approximate time would be even better.

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:47 pm

rlholmes wrote:
TheEndless,

Is there a reason that the scroll bar at the bottom that shows the percentage completed of the show that is playing could not show time remaining?

It is great to have some indication of the elapsed/remaining time but knowing the approximate time would be even better.

The main reason is because we don't know the time. We could calculate it based on the calculated bitrate, but in my tests with that, it varied wildly with VBR files. I'm investigating other possibilities, but can't promise anything right now.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

rlholmes

Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:40 pm

I was thinking the total time of the movie is in .ifo file associated with .vob file you select to show. Then it would just a matter of applying the percentage you show on the bar as time remaining.

Of course, I am assuming you can read the .ifo file and can isolate the total time in the file.

This is just a thought. There are likely lots of reasons why this does not make sense.

Bob

dgburns

Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:35 pm

rlholmes wrote:
There are likely lots of reasons why this does not make sense.

MPG's can have a header that gives a total play time of the file, but TS files (due to their nature of being a "transport stream") don't have this info.
HD-1500 RevB #1 (media room)
Mitsubishi WD-62528 62" LCD RPTV
Kenwood VR-407 receiver w/PSB Alpha's
PS/3 60GB (now 250GB) w/750GB Seagate ext
M1000 (upstairs)
HD-1000 RevB #2 (bedroom)
Visco 32" LCD
AR 2.1 audio system
PS/2