Thanks for the update.

Darin

waynedunham

Re: Two small requests...

Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:30 am

dj7675 wrote:
TheEndless.
A couple of small requests....

1-Could there be one view that could display more text? I have figured out a way to have my sage recordings automatically create txt files with the recording data in it as they are recorded. But there is more data there than can be displayed in the current views. Or if the filename.txt could be scrollable, or a view that has no coverart and just use the space for the text. One last idea might be the ability to arrow to the text and click enter to read all of it. Not sure if any of those would work well or if any others need to be able to see more recording data, but it would sure be great in my situation.

2-Would it be possible to ad one more file extension Mplay recognizes? the files with the recorded data in them are text files with a .my extension.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Darin

Count me as another who would love this ability in Mplay. I also use SageTV and have long wished I could get the show descriptions viewable in Mplay.

Darin, could you PM me with the specifics on how to create the files in SageTV? Thanks,
Wayne Dunham

dj7675

Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:56 am

Glad I'm not the only one.... Sage + R5000 Modded receiver to record HD + Mplay is just about as perfect as I could hope for. As soon as I can see the recorded program description data I will be set....

Darin

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

Re: Two small requests...

Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:15 pm

dj7675 wrote:
TheEndless.
A couple of small requests....

1-Could there be one view that could display more text? I have figured out a way to have my sage recordings automatically create txt files with the recording data in it as they are recorded. But there is more data there than can be displayed in the current views. Or if the filename.txt could be scrollable, or a view that has no coverart and just use the space for the text. One last idea might be the ability to arrow to the text and click enter to read all of it. Not sure if any of those would work well or if any others need to be able to see more recording data, but it would sure be great in my situation.

2-Would it be possible to ad one more file extension Mplay recognizes? the files with the recorded data in them are text files with a .my extension.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Darin

Are your .my files in the XML format you sent me awhile back, or are you outputting them as plain text?

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

dj7675

Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:46 pm

The .my files are just plain text ....

Let me know if you need any further info.

Darin

TheEndless
Topic Author

Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:05 am

dj7675 wrote:
The .my files are just plain text ....

Let me know if you need any further info.

Darin

Can you zip up and send me a couple of example files? You sent me an XML example awhile back, but it sounds like you're using a simpler format now (which will, hopefully, make my job a lot easier).

Thanks,
TheEndless
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

dj7675

Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:23 pm

Just emailed you two .my files. One was of a movie and the other from a tv episode. Let me know if you need any more. Thanks again for trying to add more text space.

Darin

mcornwell

Re: mPlay 3.5 with ReplayTV files

Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:32 am

mcornwell wrote:
I mainly use mPlay to play files that were recorded with a ReplayTV 5000 series DVR. I know the MPEG's that a Replay makes aren't totally MPEG2 compliant, but they play just fine.

My question concerns FF'ing and RWD'ing. Under 3.0 Beta, things worked pretty perfectly, with the 10 sec, 30 sec and 3 minutes skips. With 3.5 Beta, it seems like it's a crap shoot, about 10% of the time FF'ing or REW'ing seems to zip to the end or beginning of the show instead of doing their 10 sec, 30 sec or 3 minute skip.

A majority of my shows are recorded at standard quality on the Replay, I haven't experimented to see if different recording quality levels provide any different results.

Anyone else see this behavior under 3.5?

Even with the bug, this is the best reason for owning a Roku, thanks TheEndless.

To follow-up on my own post, it seems that shows recorded on the Replay at medium quality don't exhibit this problem, just shows recorded at standard quality...

r111

Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:42 am

mcornwell, I also experience the symptom you describe. I'm pretty sure it even happens with medium quality recordings. I recall those who have looked at the ReplayTV generated MPEG files note that they have some atypical packet structure and are VBR which I think contribute to the problem. You can see worse behavior when you use VLC to play them back (the playback bar jumps around.)

I suspect the steady stream of enhancements to MPlay will be winding down with Roku's decision to kill the HD1K (and changing their API in future PB products). Nevertheless, it would be nice to enhance the ability to jump around in an MPEG program - especially long ones. For example, jump to the 1/4, midpoint and 3/4 point of a file.

TheEndless
Topic Author

MPlay v3.6b released!

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:37 pm

We have released MPlay v3.6beta! Please see this thread for more details: http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8611

TheEndless