Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Burkhardi
Topic Author

SlimRoku:Play by Track order.

Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:30 pm

I have looked here and on the SlimServer site (as well as SlimServers GUI) and can't find a way to play an album by track /numberorder (1,2,3 etc) and not alphabeticaly.

Little help... :wink:

TIA, Matt
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: SlimRoku:Play by Track order.

Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:08 pm

Burkhardi wrote:
I have looked here and on the SlimServer site (as well as SlimServers GUI) and can't find a way to play an album by track /numberorder (1,2,3 etc) and not alphabeticaly.

Little help... :wink:

TIA, Matt

http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopi ... 5417#45417

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

Burkhardi
Topic Author

Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:52 pm

Yes, when using Music Folders is when I have this issue for sure. I am mounting the hard drive, right? So I am just opening the folder which is the alblum. For example, I select the folder "The Cult" and I have 5 or 6 sub folders (which are the albums), when I select these, it plays them in the incorrect order. I have a live CD from their concert last month (two disks) and it plays the concert all out of sequence.

Any ideas? This would not be a scan option, right, I am not using the Slim Server library, or am I?
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

TheEndless

Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:09 pm

Burkhardi wrote:
Yes, when using Music Folders is when I have this issue for sure. I am mounting the hard drive, right? So I am just opening the folder which is the alblum. For example, I select the folder "The Cult" and I have 5 or 6 sub folders (which are the albums), when I select these, it plays them in the incorrect order. I have a live CD from their concert last month (two disks) and it plays the concert all out of sequence.

Any ideas? This would not be a scan option, right, I am not using the Slim Server library, or am I?

I believe tracks added via the folder view are added alphabetically by file name, so if you want them added in track order there, you'll need to make sure the filename starts with the track number (ie. 02-TrackName.mp3). If they are named that way and it's still not adding them correctly, then try adding them via the "Browse Music Folder" SlimServer web UI and see if it works there. I'm calling the same url as the "All Songs" link there.

TheEndless
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

Burkhardi
Topic Author

Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:16 pm

TheEndless wrote:
Burkhardi wrote:

I believe tracks added via the folder view are added alphabetically by file name, so if you want them added in track order there, you'll need to make sure the filename starts with the track number (ie. 02-TrackName.mp3). If they are named that way and it's still not adding them correctly, then try adding them via the "Browse Music Folder" SlimServer web UI and see if it works there. I'm calling the same url as the "All Songs" link there.

TheEndless

So SlimRoku (Slim Server) looks at the name of the song and the Soundbridge looks the the tag, right? Is that why the SB plays them correct from the same folders then?

Thanks for the quick replies and help!!!

TheEndless

Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:42 pm

Burkhardi wrote:
TheEndless wrote:
Burkhardi wrote:

TheEndless

So SlimRoku (Slim Server) looks at the name of the song and the Soundbridge looks the the tag, right? Is that why the SB plays them correct from the same folders then?

Thanks for the quick replies and help!!!

Browsing by folder is strictly looking at the folder/file structure. If you use the Music Library view, it looks at the tags. As for the SoundBridge, that's entirely dependent on the server you're using. If you are talking about using SlimServer with the SoundBridge, the UI on the SoundBridge is rendered entirely by SlimServer (just like the LCD emulation in SlimRoku).

TheEndless

Burkhardi
Topic Author

Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:51 pm

I'm using WMC for the SB, that must be it then.
I'll try the music libray function (w/ SlimRoku) and view album and see if that works (like you suggested).

Thannks again. Matt

Burkhardi
Topic Author

Tue May 02, 2006 5:35 pm

I have not tried the new beta yet, I will tommorrow, but when using the "Music Library" function the tracks on the album are in the correct order in the UI. However, when I press play (Shuffle is off), it plays them alphabeticaly still.

I saw the other post today and wanted to ping you again. I'll post back after I try the new beta 1.5

Do you feel it's a stable as the last, or should I wait for a day or two?

Thanks again for all the help! Matt

SlimServer 6.2.1
SlimRoku 1.0 beta2