Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

davechainey
Topic Author

Sound replay unavailable

Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:58 am

I'm currently using the latest versions of SlimRoku and MPlay. Quite often I run into a situation where my network connections are fine, ie photos display, SlimRoku loads and I can access my music library, but when I try to play a track I get "Music playback unavailable". If I try to use MPlay, the video plays correctly, but there is no sound. I can get back to normal by re-booting.
Anyone know what causes this?

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Sound replay unavailable

Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:38 pm

davechainey wrote:
I'm currently using the latest versions of SlimRoku and MPlay. Quite often I run into a situation where my network connections are fine, ie photos display, SlimRoku loads and I can access my music library, but when I try to play a track I get "Music playback unavailable". If I try to use MPlay, the video plays correctly, but there is no sound. I can get back to normal by re-booting.
Anyone know what causes this?

That usually means an application has crashed while the decoder is open. If the decoder isn't closed by the app, then it won't be available to any other apps. Does it seem to happen out of the blue, or do you recall an app abnormally shutting down sometime before-hand? Unfortunately, when this happens, the only fix is a reboot.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

davechainey
Topic Author

Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:32 pm

It usually (invariably?) happens when I turn the unit on for the first time on any given day. Maybe it's because I didn't close the application properly when I exited the day before?

mjt5282

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:41 pm

SlimRoku probably crashed after you turned the PB "off". It leaves dangling locks and then the PB needs to be rebooted in order to play sound.

Make sure you are running the latest & greatest beta of SlimRoku and SlimServer 6.2.2 or 6.2.1.

I also find that you have to be patient with the GUI - the only time I crash SlimRoku now is when I use the remote to try to do something and then try to do something else before the screen is finished redrawing .

mostly though I use my PC's web browser to control what is playing and i only use the remote to start SlimRoku and run the screensaver.
PB1000 Rev. A (X3), PB1000 Rev. B (X3), SlimServer 6.5.4 + Nero MediaHome (for transcoding to MPlay)