Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

kashuba
Topic Author

Need help getting MythRoku started

Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:54 am

I've downloaded and installed the latest MythRoku (v.77) and am trying to connect to a backend running KnoppMyth (v16). At this point I don't have a TV tuner card in the backend -- I wanted to see how it would work with MythRoku before I bought one.

Every time I try to run MythRoku I get an error like this:

Core initialization completed.

acl| FwIrqRetrievalThread (Queue entry 0x373741b4) started, Synchronization Mutex released
acl| AtiCore_NotificationMsgActivate(1, ATI_MSG_TYPE_INTERRUPT_OCCURRED) returns 0x0
acl| FwIrq_QueueCreate: Thread Synchronization Mutex 26 passed
acl| FwHkdCommunicationThread started, Synchronization Semaphore released
acl| AtiCore_NotificationMsgActivate(ATI_MSG_TYPE_FROM_HKD) returns 0x0
acl| FwHkdInit: Thread Synchronization Semaphore 26 passed
acl| Creating Message Event 0x1 for HKD Message Tag 0x4
acl| HkdCommunicationThread: AtiCore_NotificationMsgWait() returns a message 2 of length 8
acl| FwHkdCommunicationThread: FROM_HKD Message 0xa0086421 (Tag = 0x4) received
acl| Signalling the Message Event 0x1
acl| Waiting for the Message Event 0x1
acl| Message Event 0x1 is received with coreResult = 0x0
acl| Deleting Message Event 0x1
acl| FwHkdInit() success
MythEventControl: connecting to mythtv server 192.168.1.113 port 6543
cmyth_conn_connect_ctrl: agreed on Version 15 protocol
./Themes/mythroku/background.png
Opening Menu
Showing menu
MythBrowser: Materialized window
MythBrowser: in refreshTitles()
MythControl: connecting to mythtv server 192.168.1.113 port 6543
cmyth_conn_connect_ctrl: agreed on Version 15 protocol
MythBrowser: episode count 0
MythBrowser: no free recorders found
./mythroku.roku: line 19:  2828 Segmentation fault      "$SXPATH/mythroku.app" -settingsdir=./settingsdir -backend=192.168.1.113

I also installed the KnoppMyth frontend on a different PC and was able to get to the backend so I'm pretty sure that the problem doesn't lie with accessing the backend from remote frontends. Then again I'm quite a newbie with this so anything's possible.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Oh, and I'm running the latest version of the PB firmware.

Thanks!

leenuxg33k

Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:40 am

I think mythroku freaks out if there isn't at least one recording on the backend..

kashuba
Topic Author

Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:01 pm

Yeah, I'd wondered if that was the problem. I'm running my KnoppMyth backend inside of a VMWare virtual machine and I don't think I could access a TV tuner even if there was one in the host system. I was kind of hoping that I could at least use MythRoku to view some of the other info that's exposed by Mtyh, like weather and news stories.

leenuxg33k

Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:23 am

kashuba wrote:
I was kind of hoping that I could at least use MythRoku to view some of the other info that's exposed by Mtyh, like weather and news stories.

MythRoku doesn't implement anything but view recordings.

kashuba
Topic Author

Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:50 pm

Ah -- that's not what I wanted to hear. I wonder if I can insert some fake data into the MythTV tables to simulate having a recorded show. Time to figure out how that database is set up.

kashuba
Topic Author

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm

Yep - that did it. I inserted a bogus row of data into the "recorded" table and MythRoku started up OK and showed me the fake show. Thanks for the help, leenuxg33k.

Since I can never leave well enough alone I'm going to try to figure out some way to populate the myth database with records pointing to DVDs that I've already ripped elsewhere. Not that I need to, of course -- I use MPlay to play all of my videos. I'm just a glutton for punishment, I guess.