Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

aavedisian

Trouble Playing Only Some Ripped DVD Files

Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:35 pm

TheEndless / Marcelo3d,
Once again, thanks for MPlay. I use it all the time. However, I do have a problem. I've ripped my entire collection of DVDs to my server. Most play flawlessly, but a couple give me trouble (e.g. Toy Story 2, Dead Poets Society) repeatedly exhinit the same problem: they play a second or two and then the image has a slight pixelation and then it plays in reverse and replays what it started out playing, going a little bit further - kind of like a saw-tooth. I guess eventually, I could get through the entire movie, but it's really irritating. Is this some kind of protection scheme or is there some other problem?

I'd appreciate any thoughts you or anyone else might have on this.
-A

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Trouble Playing Only Some Ripped DVD Files

Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:47 pm

aavedisian wrote:
TheEndless / Marcelo3d,
Once again, thanks for MPlay. I use it all the time. However, I do have a problem. I've ripped my entire collection of DVDs to my server. Most play flawlessly, but a couple give me trouble (e.g. Toy Story 2, Dead Poets Society) repeatedly exhinit the same problem: they play a second or two and then the image has a slight pixelation and then it plays in reverse and replays what it started out playing, going a little bit further - kind of like a saw-tooth. I guess eventually, I could get through the entire movie, but it's really irritating. Is this some kind of protection scheme or is there some other problem?

I'd appreciate any thoughts you or anyone else might have on this.
-A

That actually sounds more like it's a multi-angle issue. Refer to this FAQ for more information: http://www.permanence.com/Roku/forums/d ... posts&t=59

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

aavedisian

DVD Stutter Problem Fixed

Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:26 am

TheEndless,
That did it! Thanks.
-A