Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Interactive
Topic Author

MPlay question - exit to top menu

Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:06 pm

I'm sure there's an easy answer to this but I can't seem to find it.

When I'm watching a movie on MPlay and decide I want to view some other video/movie from within MPlay, I hit the menu button to bring me back to my movie list. However, when I do this, I wind up in the current VIDEO_TS folder of the movie I'm currently watching. I'd like to exit back to my top folder level, or at least the previous folder level. The WAF is not good when you land back into a folder with a bunch of video_ts files, etc.

Is there a way to configure this?

Should I be using some other function to get out of the current movie and back to the "main menu" of MPlay?

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: MPlay question - exit to top menu

Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:28 pm

Interactive wrote:
I'm sure there's an easy answer to this but I can't seem to find it.

When I'm watching a movie on MPlay and decide I want to view some other video/movie from within MPlay, I hit the menu button to bring me back to my movie list. However, when I do this, I wind up in the current VIDEO_TS folder of the movie I'm currently watching. I'd like to exit back to my top folder level, or at least the previous folder level. The WAF is not good when you land back into a folder with a bunch of video_ts files, etc.

Is there a way to configure this?

Should I be using some other function to get out of the current movie and back to the "main menu" of MPlay?

If you're using the DVD Smart Select feature to play your DVDs, then the file browser should open to the folder you launched the video from. This behavior was updated in one of the more recent updates, so make sure you're running the latest version of MPlay.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

Interactive
Topic Author

Mon May 01, 2006 7:39 pm

TheEndless: Thanks, as always, for the quick response. I believe that the DVD Smart Select feature is where MPlay recognizes that a folder has DVD-style files and can kick off the movie by pressing "PLAY" then YES, I am using that feature. However, I tried it again tonight and I'm landing back in the VIDEO-TS folder.

I'll check my version but I'm fairly sure I'm running the most recent (except for the recent beta release).

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Mon May 01, 2006 8:02 pm

Interactive wrote:
TheEndless: Thanks, as always, for the quick response. I believe that the DVD Smart Select feature is where MPlay recognizes that a folder has DVD-style files and can kick off the movie by pressing "PLAY" then YES, I am using that feature. However, I tried it again tonight and I'm landing back in the VIDEO-TS folder.

I'll check my version but I'm fairly sure I'm running the most recent (except for the recent beta release).

Ahh, that would explain it. It was changed in the 3.5beta. If you're concerned about it being called a beta, I wouldn't be. We just called it a beta because we figured there may be some issues with the new UPnP support. To be safe, we label it a beta so people aren't too terribly disappointed if they run across a bug or two. Overall, it seems just as stable as previous releases. We've only received one report of a crash, and that was with a very specific DVD rip. So, I'd encourage you to give it a try.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

Interactive
Topic Author

Mon May 01, 2006 8:34 pm

Yup. Already did it and it works great. Thanks for that update.

I must say that I've been real frustrated with the PB for most of the time I've had it (1.5 year) but I finally moved to a static Ip and it seems to have stabalized quite a bit. If that was the only real issue, I may actually buy another one of these things.

My point is that I wouldn't be bothering with any of this if it weren't for MPlay. This app makes the PB what it is.

Thanks!