Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Would you be interested in a standalone Podcast/Internet Radio/Live Music Archive application for the PhotoBridge?

Yes! I've been waiting for something like that!
18 (67%)
Maybe... I'd probably try it out, but I don't know if I'd use it.
8 (30%)
No. I have no need for such an application.
1 (4%)

Total votes: 27

dtaubert

Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:32 pm

dgburns wrote:
Probably the biggest reason I DON'T use HexRadio more frequently is the effort required to customize it for what I want. Like being able to filter out particular types of streams that won't play on my Roku, eliminate low bitrate streams from the list, etc.

Would you be willing to send me a list of streams that don't play on the Roku? I'm putting some effort into vlc 0.8.6 and need some test material...

Thanks,
Derek

twess

Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:22 pm

TekChicLaurie wrote:
I'm all for it also. Anything with an easier interface is welcome. I hate having to go upstairs, pull the CF card from my PB, bring the card downstairs, plug in into my CF adapter which goes into my PC's USB port, edit an XML file, save it, go back upstairs, plug the CF card back in to my PB and come back downstair just to add a single favorite to Hex. And before anyone says anything, I'm sure there are lot's of ways using Linux command line stuff to maybe do it remotely over the network using telnet, putty or something, but I'm sorry, I left command line garbage at MSDOS 6.22 about 11 years ago - and frankly, it's faster to go upstairs than learn a new language just for one audio/video component. Is it so hard to simply scroll to a station/podcast you like within the app and with a click of the remote have it added to your favorites list?
I'm not anti-Linux or anything like that, if I had the time I'd fool around with it and learn it just for fun, but the PB will never make to the mainstream until it gets as "easy" to use as programming a VCR (and you know all the jokes people make about that). I love my ROKU PB and my friends are really impressed by what it does, but I wouldn't dare recommend it to them because they would hate me for how technical you have to be to do the most basic things.
I'm certainly grateful that there are people like you out there doing what ROKU didn't have the foresight to do, I would just hate to see the product (and this forum) go away because they couldn't produce a commercially viable (viable being the operative word) product. The more user-friendly the product is, the more it will get used, the more it will sell, you get the picture...

Good God, Woman, when did you start reading my mind and posting it here in the forums ... :shock:

all I can say is "amen" to every word ... :!:

dgburns

Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:18 am

Still under consideration Endless?
HD-1500 RevB #1 (media room)
Mitsubishi WD-62528 62" LCD RPTV
Kenwood VR-407 receiver w/PSB Alpha's
PS/3 60GB (now 250GB) w/750GB Seagate ext
M1000 (upstairs)
HD-1000 RevB #2 (bedroom)
Visco 32" LCD
AR 2.1 audio system