Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Wheeler
Topic Author

Some JPGs are shown, some r not - why & how 2 solve prob

Tue May 16, 2006 4:46 am

Friends of the Roku,

I am a little bit confused:
Connected to my shared drive which contains all our digipics, some of them cannot be shown (like an empty spaceholder appears instead of the real thumbnail) but some look perfectly fine.

Can someone lighten the dark: why is that and how do I manage to be able to look at all my pictures? is there some resolution-delimitation or something?

Thanks for your feedback & Regards

Nick

soiaf

Tue May 16, 2006 5:50 am

My first guess would be that some of your images are 'progressive' JPGs, which are not supported by the PhotoBridge image viewer.
If this is the case then you would need to convert the images to non-progressive format (using some sort of tool like ifranview on your computer).

timh

Tue May 16, 2006 6:27 am

soiaf wrote:
you would need to convert the images to non-progressive format (using some sort of tool like ifranview on your computer).

soiaf had a typo. He meant "irfanview"...
http://www.irfanview.com/

But for those with Photoshop CS2 - just Open the progressive scan jpeg and select Save As. In the Save As dialog box click Save to open the JPEG Options dialog. If you see Progressive is checked, check Baseline ("Standard") instead. Also, bump the Quality to Maximum, then Save.

This can be avoided once Roku adds support for progressive jpegs. :wink:
Roku HD-1000 v2.0.36 (1080i),
Mitsu 65" HDTV (LCD RP),
S-A 8300HD STB/PVR,
XBOX,
Sony RDR-VX500 DVDR/VCR,
Onkyo TX-SR600 w/Polk Audio (5.1)
Logitech Harmony 676 Remote

Wheeler
Topic Author

Tue May 16, 2006 8:24 am

Thanks all,

I think that's the solution. I will try this as soon as I'll be back home.

cheers

chackett

Tue May 16, 2006 9:57 am

timh wrote:
But for those with Photoshop CS2 - just Open the progressive scan jpeg and select Save As. In the Save As dialog box click Save to open the JPEG Options dialog. If you see Progressive is checked, check Baseline ("Standard") instead. Also, bump the Quality to Maximum, then Save.

You can also do this with the GIMP, which is freely available for many platforms, if you don't have Photoshop.
Roku HD1000 Rev B
Pioneer Elite 50" Plasma
Artison Portrait LCR
Polk 60ti L, R, LR, RR
Velodyne DD-18 Subwoofer
Yamaha RX-V2500
Motorola DCT-6412
Home Theater Master MX-3000