Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

dj7675
Topic Author

MPlay-Any hope for it read XML Data?

Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:52 pm

Hi,

Not sure how many others would also like to see it, but is there any hope that Mplay could read XML data? There are quite a few apps that can export movie/tv data to xml and it would great if mplay could read this data. I currently have files in 4 locations. It would be great to be able to view this data directly from MPlay. It seems like a logical evolution of the latest capabilities of being able to display covers/description. I currently use sagetv to record tv and movies and all of the data can be exported to xml. It would be very cool if Mplay could read this data directly. I had attempted to set up and use viper, but never could get it to work :( .

Without Mplay I could would not have even purchased the Photobridge. I almost feel guilty asking for anything more. It never hurts to ask, right?

Thanks again for the great app.

Darin

dj7675
Topic Author

Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:16 pm

I found documentation on the xml generator for sage. Below is a link to it. I have posted a thread to sage forum to see if it can write data in the mplay format "filename.nfo". Hoping for some good news on that front. I also wanted to post a link to the xml file generator in case there is any interest in extending the ability of Mplay to display program data via xml.

http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi ... ageXmlInfo

Cheers.

Darin