Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Burkhardi

Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:51 am

OMG, when you said you re-worked the album art speed, you were not kidding :shock: ... KUDOS!!!!!

Also, my albums now play in the correct order when not in shuffle mode too. 8)

I noticed that the genre is now in the now playing screen, is this new, or did I just notice it for the first time?

I am having serious issues with SlimServer 6.5.X and WMC. If I diable the WMC service (the embeded verison with in WMP) see note)); then SlimServer runs and runs and runs. If WMC is running, SlimServer wiil stop it's service on it's own at differnt intervals. The green dots in the SlimServer icon in the sys-tray are missing at that time and I have to click on the icon and start SlimServer again. Then it runs for a little bit and stops itself again.

Note: To disable the WMC service, I had to go to Contraol Panel, Admin tool, services and do it there. I was set on "Automatic" and if I killed the process, it would spawn itself all on its own again. So I changed it from "Automatic" to "Disablesd" (I didn't even try "manual").
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:57 am

Burkhardi wrote:
OMG, when you said you re-worked the album art speed, you were not kidding :shock: ... KUDOS!!!!!

Also, my albums now play in the correct order when not in shuffle mode too. 8)

I noticed that the genre is now in the now playing screen, is this new, or did I just notice it for the first time?

It's been there since the 1.0 version at least...

Burkhardi wrote:
I am having serious issues with SlimServer 6.5.X and WMC. If I diable the WMC service (the embeded verison with in WMP) see note)); then SlimServer runs and runs and runs. If WMC is running, SlimServer wiil stop it's service on it's own at differnt intervals. The green dots in the SlimServer icon in the sys-tray are missing at that time and I have to click on the icon and start SlimServer again. Then it runs for a little bit and stops itself again.

Note: To disable the WMC service, I had to go to Contraol Panel, Admin tool, services and do it there. I was set on "Automatic" and if I killed the process, it would spawn itself all on its own again. So I changed it from "Automatic" to "Disablesd" (I didn't even try "manual").

There is apparently a "--noupnp" command-line option for SlimServer that would disable it's UPnP features, and theoretically allow you to run both SlimServer and WMC on the same machine.

I'm not sure of the correct way to specify it for the Windows service, but I took at stab at it by editing the following registry entry for the SlimServer service:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\slimsvc\ImagePath
and setting the value to
"C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\slim.exe" --noupnp

I would have expected that to disable UPnP all together in SlimServer, but the UPnP servers still show up in the web UI, which probably means the registry change didn't actually work. On the other hand, SlimServer hasn't crashed yet, so it might be worth a shot....

EDIT: Scratch that.. SlimServer just crashed. There must be some other way to specify it for the Windows service.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

Burkhardi

Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:34 pm

Well you know I was down for a couple months, so I guess I forgot that the current genre was added to the bottom left of the "now Playing" area.

I am still amazed at the speed of the cover art now!

Let me know what you find in regards to SlimServer, WMC and UPnP.

Thanks again for your great attention to this project and people that use it!!

BTW, I logged a bug at SlimServer site (bug# 4473).

BTW, in the 1.6b version history, you have "Added status display to Now Playing info", I have been w/o SlimRoku for so long, I can't put my finger on it (i'm just a curoius person), what does this mean?

Edit: Even though I finally know how to edit the .roku file now, your "SlimRoku.roku File Builder" rocks!!
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

TheEndless
Topic Author

Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:58 pm

Burkhardi wrote:
BTW, in the 1.6b version history, you have "Added status display to Now Playing info", I have been w/o SlimRoku for so long, I can't put my finger on it (i'm just a curoius person), what does this mean?

The progress bar now shows "Paused", "Stopped", and "Buffering" when the audio isn't playing. Nothing major...

TheEndless
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

Burkhardi

Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:11 am

The Endless,
OK, yes, I did see that. It's helpful! Thanks! I'll post back here is I get any feedback on SlimServer bug# 4473.
Best regards, Matt

TheEndless wrote:
Burkhardi wrote:

The progress bar now shows "Paused", "Stopped", and "Buffering" when the audio isn't playing. Nothing major...

TheEndless

davechainey

Firefox 2.0

Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:05 pm

Somewhat off topic, but I can't get Slimserver to work with Firefox 2. It won't rescan music tracks and you're stuck in the first page of server settings. IE7 works fine.
Anyone else having troubles, or is it just me?

DaveC

dcipher

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:20 pm

Any way to get Sirius Radio support (sorry if this has been asked/answered before).

J

TheEndless
Topic Author

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:41 pm

dcipher wrote:
Any way to get Sirius Radio support (sorry if this has been asked/answered before).

J

I believe there is a Sirius Radio plugin for SlimServer. It may work with SlimRoku, but I've not tried it. I added the XMRadio supported specifically because the XMRadio plugin for SlimServer didn't work with SlimRoku for some reason. So, give the Sirius plugin a try.. if it doesn't work, then I can look into what it would take to add support.

TheEndless

davechainey

SlimServer and Firefox 2.0

Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:10 pm

Problem solved. You need to explicitly allow localhost/9000 in NoScript.

DaveC

Bgrubb1

XM Radio Station Name

Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:13 pm

TheEndless
Not a bug report, but maybe an ideosyncrasy :-)
I played XM all day long today on SlimRoku. About every 10th song or so, only confimed in screen saver mode, instead of having the channel name displayed after artist name, I would get http:/aXXXXXYYYYY (the actual url to the xm channel) Have you or anyone else seen this ??
..Barry

TheEndless
Topic Author

Re: XM Radio Station Name

Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:39 pm

Bgrubb1 wrote:
TheEndless
Not a bug report, but maybe an ideosyncrasy :-)
I played XM all day long today on SlimRoku. About every 10th song or so, only confimed in screen saver mode, instead of having the channel name displayed after artist name, I would get http:/aXXXXXYYYYY (the actual url to the xm channel) Have you or anyone else seen this ??
..Barry

I don't listen to XM, so I've not seen that myself. I'll take a look at the code to see what could cause that. There might be a counter in there or something that's rolling over (particularly if it's only happening with the screensaver). Is it showing the URL for the whole song, or just briefly?

TheEndless

Bgrubb1

Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:45 am

Endless
It DOES display the url for the entire song, and seemed to always have the station name on the next song. I am not sure it only happens only on the sceensaver, it was running all day so it was in screensaver mode for the day
...Barry

amanitasniem

Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:42 pm

is it okay if I put up an animated avatar on my profile?
[size=0] Co Furniture Lane[/size]

dgburns

Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:09 am

amanitasniem wrote:
is it okay if I put up an animated avatar on my profile?

undesireable IMHO.
HD-1500 RevB #1 (media room)
Mitsubishi WD-62528 62" LCD RPTV
Kenwood VR-407 receiver w/PSB Alpha's
PS/3 60GB (now 250GB) w/750GB Seagate ext
M1000 (upstairs)
HD-1000 RevB #2 (bedroom)
Visco 32" LCD
AR 2.1 audio system
PS/2

davechainey

Album Artwork Not Displaying

Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:41 pm

I'm using the latest beta with Slimserver 6.51, and I'm having problems displaying album art. The Album art page displays correctly. The Now Playing doesn't. It generally shows the art not available for most albums. However, it does display correctly when the screen saver kicks in.
Any ideas, anyone?

Dave C