Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

na9d

Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:16 pm

Wow. I would have that that once you log in, you'd be set as long as you are accessing the server software...Makes sense then why it's not supported..
Roku Soundbridge M2000
Roku Soundbridge M1000
Roku Photobridge HD1000 RevB
Roku Photobridge HD1000 RevA
3 ReplayTVs
4 Slingboxes (Classic and Pro, AV and Solo)
Firefly Media Server and SlimServer Running on a MacPro
2 Vudu VOD Players

Burkhardi

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:19 am

Any one have SlimServer 6.2? I need to downgrade to the last working config for my setup, which was SlimRoku 1.5B3 and SS 6.2 I think?

Having to kill WMC is getting old, and I use SS and WMC too much.

For anyone reading this midway, the issue has nothing to do with SlimROKU, it's a SlimServer issue.
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

na9d

Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:01 pm

You should be able to find the older versions on the SlimServer website. It's not easy to find it but they are there...
Roku Soundbridge M2000

Roku Soundbridge M1000

Roku Photobridge HD1000 RevB

Roku Photobridge HD1000 RevA

3 ReplayTVs

4 Slingboxes (Classic and Pro, AV and Solo)

Firefly Media Server and SlimServer Running on a MacPro

2 Vudu VOD Players

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:58 pm

Burkhardi wrote:
Any one have SlimServer 6.2? I need to downgrade to the last working config for my setup, which was SlimRoku 1.5B3 and SS 6.2 I think?

Having to kill WMC is getting old, and I use SS and WMC too much.

For anyone reading this midway, the issue has nothing to do with SlimROKU, it's a SlimServer issue.

You can get it here: http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/
They don't allow external links (i.e., you'll get redirected to their homepage if you click the link here), so you'll need to cut and paste that url into your browser.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

Burkhardi

Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:47 pm

Thanks!
Running SlimRoku 1.5b3 and SlimServer 6.3.1 and everything is great. I liked your newest version of SlimRoku, but with SlimServer 6.5.X crashing with WMC was getting old and me and my wife just figured we cut our losses until SlimDevices/Logitech gets the bug fixed.
Thanks for the help you two, Matt
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

quadratscha

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:20 am

Thanks for that helpful advice. We will switch back to SS 6.3.1 and 1.5b3 from TheEndless. Hope that will work.

There is indeed a problem with having both SS 6.5.x and WMC running at the same time.

Keep up the good spirit!

Cheers

Burkhardi

Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:12 pm

Ok, my latest work-a-round...
I am running the SlimRoku 1.6beta on the ole HD1k and SlimServer 6.5.1 on a 400Mhz intel with a whopping 128M of RAM.
Since we found that you can run WMC and SS at the same time with no crashing, IF YOU RUN IT ON A DIFFERENT BOX, I went that route.
I had an old 98SE box and I just gave it a new life with XP.
Now, I just got to find some more RAM, the MoBo can take up to 784M of RAM...LOL

tjdebon

Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:27 pm

Does anyone share this problem -- the "LCD Display" are updates properly but most of the Now Playing Interface screen gets stuck. Cover art, song title, artist, song list and the length of the song freeze. The bar graph clears with a new song and increments, but the song duration seems stuck also, so the song play bar graph runs off screen. I thought the unit might be flaky due to a weak power supply, which eventually power supply went out -- but it persists after I rebuilt the power supply (Thanks to BBJohns for that info).

Is there any way to force a reset the Now Playing screen with every new song?

mjt5282

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:48 am

I am running SlimServer 6.5.1 on Win2K , with about 18,500 songs, mostly FLAC. I am running the latest 1.6b SlimRoku.

The "Now Playing" or "Screen Saver" screen works OK for me, it updates when the song changes (well, after < 1 second).

If I am playing a FLAC album, the first song is displayed perfectly, but the rest have " " for genre, and "N/A" for artist name.

incidentally, occasionally SlimRoku pauses after I change albums(while the current one is still playing), it seems the FLAC codec fails and I have to hit "Play" again on the song/album I want to listen to. That, and seamless playback of "live concerts" recorded in FLAC, without gaps.

It's frustratingly close to perfect! Thanks Endless!

-mjt5282
Last edited by mjt5282 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
PB1000 Rev. A (X3), PB1000 Rev. B (X3), SlimServer 6.5.4 + Nero MediaHome (for transcoding to MPlay)

TheEndless
Topic Author

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:49 am

tjdebon wrote:
Does anyone share this problem -- the "LCD Display" are updates properly but most of the Now Playing Interface screen gets stuck. Cover art, song title, artist, song list and the length of the song freeze. The bar graph clears with a new song and increments, but the song duration seems stuck also, so the song play bar graph runs off screen. I thought the unit might be flaky due to a weak power supply, which eventually power supply went out -- but it persists after I rebuilt the power supply (Thanks to BBJohns for that info).

That's sounds like you're running mismatched versions of SlimRoku and SlimServer. What version of each are you running?

TheEndless
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

tjdebon

Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:07 pm

I'm running 6.5.1 on WinXP sp2, and SlimRoku v1.6Beta. :-(

TheEndless wrote:
tjdebon wrote:

That's sounds like you're running mismatched versions of SlimRoku and SlimServer. What version of each are you running?

TheEndless

TheEndless
Topic Author

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:38 am

tjdebon wrote:

Hrmm.. does browsing the library work (trying to rule out any port specific issues)?

TheEndless

tjdebon

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:11 pm

TheEndless wrote:
tjdebon wrote:

Hrmm.. does browsing the library work (trying to rule out any port specific issues)?

TheEndless

No! when the now playing screen hung I could navigate to the library, but the music library information never loaded, and SlimRoku did not recognize any subsequent commands from the remote. Need more info??

TheEndless
Topic Author

Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:12 am

tjdebon wrote:
TheEndless wrote:
tjdebon wrote:

TheEndless

No! when the now playing screen hung I could navigate to the library, but the music library information never loaded, and SlimRoku did not recognize any subsequent commands from the remote. Need more info??

It sounds like an issue with the CLI. Make sure the Command Line Interface (CLI) plugin is enabled on the Server Settings->Plugins page, and make sure port 9090 is not being blocked by your firewall.

TheEndless

tjdebon

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:05 pm

TheEndless wrote:
tjdebon wrote:
TheEndless wrote:
tjdebon wrote:

TheEndless

It sounds like an issue with the CLI. Make sure the Command Line Interface (CLI) plugin is enabled on the Server Settings->Plugins page, and make sure port 9090 is not being blocked by your firewall.

TheEndless

Darn, that wasn't it. CLI plugin was enabled and 9090 exception for SlimRoku Music Library Access is in place (I'm using WinXP Firewall)

Tom