Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

NEW!! MPlay v3.7beta (Oct 30 2006)!

Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:58 pm

I've posted a new 3.7b version of MPlay. There are a number of enhancements in this version. Most notable are:

Enhanced Info Display
The stream info now displays cover art, title and description from the .nfo file, and the current file data. This new format is only available if you use a font size of 25 or less. If you prefer the old info format, you can specify -UseOldInfo on the command-line.

PhotoBridge Specific .mplay Files
.mplay files now store zoom mode, audio stream, and video mode information independently for each PhotoBridge (based on MAC address). This is particularly useful if you have one PhotoBridge connected to a 16:9 set and another connected to a 4:3 set. You can now save zoom mode information for each set.

Additional Folder Configuration Options
DefaultZoom and SortOrder have been added as options in the folder.cfg file.

DefaultZoom can be set to any of the zoom modes available in MPlay(0-6). Any files without an associated .mplay file will automatically start with the specified zoom mode.
SortOrder specifies how the contents of the folder should be sorted in the file browser. Available values are:
  • NameASC (default, sorted by name ascending)
  • NameDESC (sorted by name descending)
  • SizeASC (sorted by size ascending)
  • SizeDESC (sorted by size descending)
  • ModifiedASC (sorted by date modified ascending)
  • ModifiedDESC (sorted by date modified descending)
DefaultZoom=3
SortOrder=ModifiedDESC

Additional Info Page of Info Dialog
You can now specify additional information to be displayed on a second page of the info dialog in the file browser. The MPlay Movie Info File Builder has been updated to accommodate this information. Essential, any free text lines in the file will be displayed on the second page, which can be accessed using the Zoom buttons on the remote.

Additional updates include:
10/28/06
--------
- Added ISO detection for DVD Smart Select
- Added second page to info dialog (accessed with zoom buttons)
- Added DefaultZoom setting to folder.cfg
- Added SortOrder setting to folder.cfg
- Added -NativeUPnP command-line option to use the Roku UPnP classes
- Changed: File Browser now uses custom UPnP parser for folder enumeration
- Changed: Info display now shows cover art, title, and description from .nfo files
- Changed: .mplay files are only created if the resume point is greater than 5% and
         less than 95% of the total file size
- Updated: .mplay files now have independent zoom mode, video mode, and audio stream info
         for each PhotoBridge (based on MAC address)
- Updated: File Browser now shows the currently highlighted file/folder as part of the
         path at the top of the dialog
- Updated: Increased responsiveness of File Browser when loading cover art
- Fixed: Bug that could cause a crash from File Browser when certain buttons were pressed
         while a video was paused
- Fixed: Threading issues in File Browser
- Fixed: Bug that broke playback of real-time recordings

You can download the new version here: http://www.permanence.com/MPlay/files/M ... 061030.zip

As always, let us know if you have any comments, criticisms, or feature requests!

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

dericw

Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:59 pm

Thanks for your work on this TheEndless. I just realized I hadn't donated yet. Donation sent!

Deric

TheEndless
Topic Author

Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:10 pm

dericw wrote:
Thanks for your work on this TheEndless. I just realized I hadn't donated yet. Donation sent!

Deric

Thank you! The support is very much appreciated!

TheEndless
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

dj7675

Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:11 am

Very cool. Really think it looks great having the description and coverart displayed using info. One thing that doesn't seem to be working for me is the progress bar on HD .ts and .mpg streams when using ff/rew. It displays 0 when using ff/rew. It does display a value when pressing info. On ripped DVD's it seems to work properly on both ff/rew and info.

Thanks again for your continued work. Use it every day.

Darin

mlknez

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:08 am

Thanks for your continued work on Mplay. I use it quite often. I have tried your new version and am not sure if I am using it correctly. It seems that now when I go to a subdir in the browser, the coverart only loads for that page. In the previous version it downloaded for all of the pages in that subdir, is that correct? Also, if I have files in a subdir and folders in the subdir, the folders always appear first. This makes it so that alpha sorting does not work properly as folders always appear first. Is that correct? Has .iso handling changed or been improved? I have had 50/50 success in using iso files as some choke on multiepisode disks or multilanguage or multiangle. Have you figured out yet how to get around the issues in DTS passthrough? Thanks again for all of the work you do on this product!

TheEndless
Topic Author

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:29 am

mlknez wrote:
Thanks for your continued work on Mplay. I use it quite often. I have tried your new version and am not sure if I am using it correctly. It seems that now when I go to a subdir in the browser, the coverart only loads for that page. In the previous version it downloaded for all of the pages in that subdir, is that correct?

Yes, that was changed to make the file browser more responsive in folders with a lot of cover art.

mlknez wrote:
Also, if I have files in a subdir and folders in the subdir, the folders always appear first. This makes it so that alpha sorting does not work properly as folders always appear first. Is that correct?

I did change the sorting code a bit (to accommodate for additional sorting possibilities), but as far as I recall, folders have always been sorted to the top.

mlknez wrote:
Has .iso handling changed or been improved? I have had 50/50 success in using iso files as some choke on multiepisode disks or multilanguage or multiangle.

The ISO code wasn't changed. What specific issues are you experiencing?

mlknez wrote:
Have you figured out yet how to get around the issues in DTS passthrough? Thanks again for all of the work you do on this product!

Unfortunately, that's a limitation of the PhotoBridge. There's no way for us to work around it.

TheEndless

daveb

Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:11 am

Viewing of recording files in progress now works flawlessly - great piece of software. I use it every day. Thanks for all the work.

Dave

TheEndless
Topic Author

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:04 pm

daveb wrote:
Viewing of recording files in progress now works flawlessly - great piece of software. I use it every day. Thanks for all the work.

Dave

Excellent! Sorry I broke it in the last version...:oops:

TheEndless

TheEndless
Topic Author

Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:10 pm

dj7675 wrote:
One thing that doesn't seem to be working for me is the progress bar on HD .ts and .mpg streams when using ff/rew. It displays 0 when using ff/rew. It does display a value when pressing info.

I'm not able to reproduce this. I've tested both with a single 12 gig TS file and with a 10 gig sequence of TS files and it worked as expected with both. Can you give more details on the files you're experiencing this with?

TheEndless

hondo

Add me to the Thanks Column

Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:10 pm

Great app - use it daily - UPnp support works great now and has saved my *** from the wife.

Thanks for continuing the development and enhancement cycle.

Bgrubb1

Browser crashes

Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:54 pm

Endless
Does "Fixed: Threading issues in File Browser " refer to the crash back to UI when hitting page too fast while cover aret is loading ???. Mine still crashes.
Thanks in advance
..Barry

Well I went back and tried again and could not make it fall over. My bad, sorry for any confusion
...Barry
Last edited by Bgrubb1 on Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheEndless
Topic Author

Re: Browser crashes

Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:03 pm

Bgrubb1 wrote:
Endless
Does "Fixed: Threading issues in File Browser " refer to the crash back to UI when hitting page too fast while cover aret is loading ???. Mine still crashes.
Thanks in advance
..Barry

It was supposed to. I made two changes there.. 1) cleaned up the threading and 2) made it so only the current screen's worth of cover art gets loaded. I couldn't get it to crash no matter how hard I tried. Is there a specific set of steps that cause the crash for you every time, or is it random?

TheEndless

dgburns

Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:40 pm

TheEndless wrote:
mlknez wrote:
Also, if I have files in a subdir and folders in the subdir, the folders always appear first. This makes it so that alpha sorting does not work properly as folders always appear first. Is that correct?

I did change the sorting code a bit (to accommodate for additional sorting possibilities), but as far as I recall, folders have always been sorted to the top.

I haven't had time to play yet, but, I would prefer the folders always be listed first despite the sort order. Now, if I were sorted by name or modified, I'd expect the folders to be sorted that way too, but sorted folders first, then sorted files. I don't think I'd want folders mixed in with files when sorted.
HD-1500 RevB #1 (media room)
Mitsubishi WD-62528 62" LCD RPTV
Kenwood VR-407 receiver w/PSB Alpha's
PS/3 60GB (now 250GB) w/750GB Seagate ext
M1000 (upstairs)
HD-1000 RevB #2 (bedroom)
Visco 32" LCD
AR 2.1 audio system
PS/2

dgburns

Re: NEW!! MPlay v3.7beta (Oct 30 2006)!

Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:44 pm

TheEndless wrote:
- Added -NativeUPnP command-line option to use the Roku UPnP classes
- Changed: File Browser now uses custom UPnP parser for folder enumeration

What does this mean? Are we know going to have "native" type MPlay functionality when browsing a UPnP share? So artwork, nfo, etc. will work now with UPnP shares?
HD-1500 RevB #1 (media room)

Mitsubishi WD-62528 62" LCD RPTV

Kenwood VR-407 receiver w/PSB Alpha's

PS/3 60GB (now 250GB) w/750GB Seagate ext

M1000 (upstairs)

HD-1000 RevB #2 (bedroom)

Visco 32" LCD

AR 2.1 audio system

PS/2

TheEndless
Topic Author

Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:52 pm

dgburns wrote:
I haven't had time to play yet, but, I would prefer the folders always be listed first despite the sort order. Now, if I were sorted by name or modified, I'd expect the folders to be sorted that way too, but sorted folders first, then sorted files. I don't think I'd want folders mixed in with files when sorted.

Right now, folders are always sorted by name (descending or ascending dependent on the sort order chosen), and at the top of the list. I can look into seeing if there's some way to get the last modified data from the folder object, but I'm not currently.

TheEndless