Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

dgburns

Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:18 pm

TheEndless wrote:
Right now, folders are always sorted by name (descending or ascending dependent on the sort order chosen), and at the top of the list.

That's what >I< wanted when I asked for a way to have sort. Others may want something more than I envisioned.
HD-1500 RevB #1 (media room)
Mitsubishi WD-62528 62" LCD RPTV
Kenwood VR-407 receiver w/PSB Alpha's
PS/3 60GB (now 250GB) w/750GB Seagate ext
M1000 (upstairs)
HD-1000 RevB #2 (bedroom)
Visco 32" LCD
AR 2.1 audio system
PS/2

dgburns

Re: NEW!! MPlay v3.7beta (Oct 30 2006)!

Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:22 pm

TheEndless wrote:
Additional Info Page of Info Dialog
You can now specify additional information to be displayed on a second page of the info dialog in the file browser. The MPlay Movie Info File Builder has been updated to accommodate this information. Essential, any free text lines in the file will be displayed on the second page, which can be accessed using the Zoom buttons on the remote.

In your abundant spare time, could you take a look at impawards.com site, and see if there's some way the Info Builder page could somehow link to the movie posters there? They use google for their local search. What I'm envisioning is some link at the bottom that I could click that would quickly take me to impawards to get posters for cover art rather than the DVD covers you get from Amazon, AFTER you've done your search, so I don't have to type the name of the movie in on two different sites to get both an .nfo and a poster.

No rush. Just if you can figure out an easy way without too much work.

Thanks

M1000 (upstairs)

Visco 32" LCD

AR 2.1 audio system

PS/2

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:15 pm

dgburns wrote:
In your abundant spare time, could you take a look at impawards.com site, and see if there's some way the Info Builder page could somehow link to the movie posters there? They use google for their local search. What I'm envisioning is some link at the bottom that I could click that would quickly take me to impawards to get posters for cover art rather than the DVD covers you get from Amazon, AFTER you've done your search, so I don't have to type the name of the movie in on two different sites to get both an .nfo and a poster.

No rush. Just if you can figure out an easy way without too much work.

Thanks

I've added an "IMPAwards Search" to the bottom of the page that will take you to the google search. From there, it's up to you to figure out which search result is the correct one... ;)

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

dgburns

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:47 pm

TheEndless wrote:
I've added an "IMPAwards Search" to the bottom of the page that will take you to the google search. From there, it's up to you to figure out which search result is the correct one... ;)

Geez you're fast!

Since somewhere like half the changes in this version were things I asked for, there's another PayPal donation in your inbox.

M1000 (upstairs)

Visco 32" LCD

AR 2.1 audio system

PS/2

dgburns

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:56 pm

dgburns wrote:
TheEndless wrote:
Right now, folders are always sorted by name (descending or ascending dependent on the sort order chosen), and at the top of the list.

That's what >I< wanted when I asked for a way to have sort. Others may want something more than I envisioned.

In the "careful what you wish for" department:
Now that we can code a "sort order" for a folder, is there a way to change it "on the fly"? So if I have a folder setup to sort by date, I can toggle the browse view to be sorted by name, etc.? I didn't envision wanting to toggle "on the fly". I don't think there's any buttons left??

For ME at least, I find now that we have these folder options expanding, I have little use for the "rotate" button toggling All, Sequence, Size, etc. But other people would find that useful. Perhaps a suggestion for a future release is a setting in folder.cfg that changes the behavior of the Rotate button? If Rotate=Filter or not set, Rotate button would act as it does now. But if Rotate=SortOrder, repeated presses of the Rotate button would run through the different sorts.

M1000 (upstairs)

Visco 32" LCD

AR 2.1 audio system

PS/2

TheEndless
Topic Author

Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:44 pm

dgburns wrote:
TheEndless wrote:

Geez you're fast!

Since somewhere like half the changes in this version were things I asked for, there's another PayPal donation in your inbox.

Thank you, sir! :)

dgburns wrote:
In the "careful what you wish for" department:
Now that we can code a "sort order" for a folder, is there a way to change it "on the fly"? So if I have a folder setup to sort by date, I can toggle the browse view to be sorted by name, etc.? I didn't envision wanting to toggle "on the fly". I don't think there's any buttons left??

For ME at least, I find now that we have these folder options expanding, I have little use for the "rotate" button toggling All, Sequence, Size, etc. But other people would find that useful. Perhaps a suggestion for a future release is a setting in folder.cfg that changes the behavior of the Rotate button? If Rotate=Filter or not set, Rotate button would act as it does now. But if Rotate=SortOrder, repeated presses of the Rotate button would run through the different sorts.

Why did I know you were going to ask for something like that? ;)

TheEndless
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

dgburns

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:37 am

TheEndless wrote:

but of course! 8)

M1000 (upstairs)

Visco 32" LCD

AR 2.1 audio system

PS/2

dj7675

Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:21 am

TheEndless,

Thanks for adding the impawards for posters to the info builder. Nice to be able to see both quickly and compare. Also, inregards tot he status issue not displaying-it isn't happening anymore. I rebooted and the issue doesn't happen any more.

Thanks again.

Darin

dgburns

Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:34 am

TheEndless wrote:
dgburns wrote:
Perhaps a suggestion for a future release is a setting in folder.cfg that changes the behavior of the Rotate button? If Rotate=Filter or not set, Rotate button would act as it does now. But if Rotate=SortOrder, repeated presses of the Rotate button would run through the different sorts.

Is something like this possible? Having no idea how hard it might or might not be to change the behavior of a remote button on the fly, it was the only concept I could think of for doing it.

M1000 (upstairs)

Visco 32" LCD

AR 2.1 audio system

PS/2

TheEndless
Topic Author

Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:06 am

dgburns wrote:
TheEndless wrote:
dgburns wrote:
Perhaps a suggestion for a future release is a setting in folder.cfg that changes the behavior of the Rotate button? If Rotate=Filter or not set, Rotate button would act as it does now. But if Rotate=SortOrder, repeated presses of the Rotate button would run through the different sorts.

Is something like this possible? Having no idea how hard it might or might not be to change the behavior of a remote button on the fly, it was the only concept I could think of for doing it.

Yep. It's possible. The question is, how would you adjust the filtering in such a case. Should filtering default to "All" or stick with the default?

TheEndless

dgburns

Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:22 am

TheEndless wrote:
Yep. It's possible. The question is, how would you adjust the filtering in such a case. Should filtering default to "All" or stick with the default?

I believe I would desire filtering to follow whatever default is established, either whatever overall default is set in the menu or whatever is established by a folder.cfg setting. This way Filter would act as it always does now, and only be overriden if the user has made a "Rotate=SortOrder" entry in folder.cfg. I guess it would take some playing with to see if that works out for people, but at first blush that seems to make sense to me (since I can't try it). I'll caveat this all with saying I haven't really put any thought into if some other button would make more sense for this feature. Too bad the PB remote has fewer buttons than the SB remote.

M1000 (upstairs)

Visco 32" LCD

AR 2.1 audio system

PS/2

scans

Subtitles

Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:56 am

Hey Endless. I know this has been a request for a long time - subtitles.

I understand that the Roku API doesn't provide this, but I found this program: http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/subrip.htm

While there is a bit of manual work to pull the subtitles (seems to involve a bit of OCR work), if you were to have a text file in the folder with the offsets and text, is this something you could do? Maybe then, mplay users could build an archive of subtitles for others (assuming they don't strip from the beginning of the main movie so the offsets are the same).

As an aside, this only recently came up watching The DaVinci Code. I forgot there was so much French!

marcelo3d

Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:22 pm

Hi scans,

The main problem is not extracting and displaying the subtitles, but to keep them in sync with the movie.
The Roku API doesn't provide any information back WRT where in time the HW MPEG decoder is at.
We could try to guesstimate the current playbak position based on time only (as opposed to frames).
I may try the program you suggest just to try and see if I can keep things in sync.
Marcelo.-

scans

Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:27 pm

I tried a test on The DaVinci Code. Took a few minutes to get the basic letters (and accented stuff) in, and then, after 40% or so, whipped through the rest.

It seems you can choose the output file format, in time or frames (MPL,MacSub,Phoenix Japanese for Frames).

If you can sync, even within a few frames, of the text, you should be fine.

Good luck, and let me know which output format you think is best - I will generate a few to test, if you like.

dj7675

Commercial Skip?

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:13 am

Wondering if it would be possible for MPlay to be able to read commercial skip flags from some of the commercial skip programs out there? For example videoredo, or sagetv that has built in commercial skip or other 3rd part commercial skip plugins. I could send a samples that have been processed by commercial skip apps. It would be very cool to have an app processing video to automatically set the markers and then just play it in MPlay. Possible?

Thanks again for your work.

Darin