Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Bgrubb1

Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:02 am

Endless / Marcelo3d
Could you add the filename $RECYCLE.BIN to the list of filenames not displayed by MPlay please ? It is a default file in Vista file systems
Thanks in advance
..Barry

dj7675

Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:54 pm

TheEndless

Does it still look like commercial skipping is going to make it into your next update?

Thanks

Darin

dj7675

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:21 pm

I'm having a bit of a problem queing up recorded tv shows that is causing the MPlay to crash. The problems occur when I...

-file>open a video
-que up 2-3 more videos
-let them play until the end of the last one
-Mplay exits when finished automatically

When I open MPlay back up and try to que more videos it crashes and exits out to the main Roku UI. I thought it might my Roku but found it does this on all 3 of the Roku's. Wondering if there is a bug, or if I am doing something incorrectly. Should I not set Mplay to exit automatically?

Thanks for the great app. As a side note I used the MyHD Card (which generally does a good job playing HD files) and a movie I recorded had so many issues I had to stop playback. Played it with the Roku/Mplay and it played perfectly-not one issue.

Darin

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:42 pm

dj7675 wrote:
I'm having a bit of a problem queing up recorded tv shows that is causing the MPlay to crash. The problems occur when I...

-file>open a video
-que up 2-3 more videos
-let them play until the end of the last one
-Mplay exits when finished automatically

When I open MPlay back up and try to que more videos it crashes and exits out to the main Roku UI. I thought it might my Roku but found it does this on all 3 of the Roku's. Wondering if there is a bug, or if I am doing something incorrectly. Should I not set Mplay to exit automatically?

Thanks for the great app. As a side note I used the MyHD Card (which generally does a good job playing HD files) and a movie I recorded had so many issues I had to stop playback. Played it with the Roku/Mplay and it played perfectly-not one issue.

Darin

That's a new one. Is it safe to assume it works fine if you don't use the -ExitAtEnd flag and exit MPlay manually?

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

dj7675

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:45 pm

I will take that option off and give it a try for a few days and let you know....

Thanks for your reply.

Darin

dj7675

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:04 am

No luck. Crashed again last night. It is really odd behavior. You go to open or que another video and it just bounces you back out. Usually have 2 or 3 attempts of opening/crashing it will let you open finally. Running 3.7B, playing recorded satellite files which have .my files if that matters.

Darin

dj7675

Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:06 pm

TheEndless

Probably busy working on other things, but wondering if you had any more thought on the que issues. They are still a problem.
Also if we would be looking forward to commercial skip incorporated into MPlay.

Thanks again.

Darin

TheEndless
Topic Author

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:01 am

dj7675 wrote:
TheEndless

Probably busy working on other things, but wondering if you had any more thought on the que issues. They are still a problem.
Also if we would be looking forward to commercial skip incorporated into MPlay.

Thanks again.

Darin

Wow.. I'm really slacking on responding to these lately. Sorry about that...

To answer your questions, I've not had a chance to look at either issue yet. I have a list of excuses as to why, but it ultimately comes down to lack of time and lack of motivation (when I do have the time). I haven't forgotten about it, though!

TheEndless
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

jayerndl

DVD Smart Select for Folders with single .mpg file inside

Tue May 08, 2007 9:49 am

I had been looking for a Roku PB alternative for a long time and finally gave up. I decided that for my use, the PB with MPlay is better than any of the newer alternatives. I have recently spent some time getting my Photobridge system to be user friendly and have hit a snag.

Here's the situtation, I have a combination of ripped DVDs (IFO), SD Tivo files, and HD Tivo files. I like the way the folder structure works for DVDs. The user can hit play when navigating on the folder and you can place addtional files in the folder for each movie for cover art, password access, and info. I would like to use the same configurations for my Tivo movies (one folder for each movie title). Is there anyway to get the DVD Smart Select to work on a folder that has only a single file (.ts,.mpg,.vob, etc.) inside? This would give a consistant user interface regardless of the source of the content. Thanks for a great application.

Jay

TheEndless
Topic Author

Re: DVD Smart Select for Folders with single .mpg file insid

Sat May 12, 2007 7:51 am

jayerndl wrote:
I had been looking for a Roku PB alternative for a long time and finally gave up. I decided that for my use, the PB with MPlay is better than any of the newer alternatives. I have recently spent some time getting my Photobridge system to be user friendly and have hit a snag.

Here's the situtation, I have a combination of ripped DVDs (IFO), SD Tivo files, and HD Tivo files. I like the way the folder structure works for DVDs. The user can hit play when navigating on the folder and you can place addtional files in the folder for each movie for cover art, password access, and info. I would like to use the same configurations for my Tivo movies (one folder for each movie title). Is there anyway to get the DVD Smart Select to work on a folder that has only a single file (.ts,.mpg,.vob, etc.) inside? This would give a consistant user interface regardless of the source of the content. Thanks for a great application.

Jay

If you put a "default.MPlaylist" file in the folder with the full path to the file you want to play, the Smart Select will launch that when you hit play on the folder.

TheEndless

ghjaxman

Mplay and Disney Movies on my Mac

Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:01 pm

I have been ripping my Disney movies so I don't have to search the house for them but I am having some troubles and maybe you all can help.

If I play them back on VLC it works fine, but if I use MPlay at the start of each movie, like Little Mermaid, it runs the credits in all of the languages and the video loops back until they all play. How do I just get it to play only the English version?

marcelo3d

Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:13 am

You'd have to rip only one angle. The credits use multi-angle and MPlay just plays all angles. MPlay limitation.
Marcelo3d.-

ghjaxman

Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:15 pm

Thanks for the reply. I am looking into ripping in one angle. I am new to this and just learning. Multiangle is something I need to learn to rip. Gre