Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

delafield
Topic Author

ANOTHER customer service nightmare

Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:54 am

Hello,

Like a previous poster, I am also sorry to have to resort to posting this problem here - but I am also getting horrible service from Roku in resolving an order placed months ago.

Although the folks answering the Roku phones are excessively polite, they are absolutely ineffective. These are the facts in a nutshell:

1. We ordered a SINGLE Roku box.
2. We received TWO Roku boxes, and were separately charged for TWO boxes.
3. Roku acknowledged the mistake and promised that the second charge would be reversed and a return shipping label would be sent by email.
4. Despite continual promises from "Samantha," "Eric," "Danny," and "Steve," during a half-dozen phone calls, the charge has not been reversed and they have not mailed the shipping label. (No, the email is not in my spam.)

Don't let the politeness of the representatives fool you. We were tricked by the politeness, and now the time to finally contest the charges on the credit card has past. We never should have been so naive. It may be an uphill battle, but I'm willing to spend (and write) a lot to right the situation.

I still plan to contest through the credit card (especially since I have an admission from Roku that they made a mistake), but it won't be as easy now that time has passed. I have been complaining to Netflix, and they agreed to join me on future calls to Roku regarding this issue. Neflix expressed interest in seeing how Roku handles this case (whether they continue to screw up).

Anyone have any other ideas? I'm game.

Regards.

RokuJamesL
Roku Engineering

Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:46 am

Sorry to hear you're having so many problems getting this resolved. Why don't you PM me your information, including the order number, any customer support case numbers, your contact info (name, address, email) and I'll see if I can get this resolved.

DoomsDay

Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Ya know what, While I may be really ticked off about the whole 1080i situation, You devs are top notch when it comes to getting things taken care of for folks when customer service just cant get things done. I give you guys major kudos for that!

Now, I think I am going to have to call customer service and see about getting that 1080i support we so desperately want. Hrmmm... I wonder if it works in reverse? Maybe we can get the cs department to give us what the devs won't. :)

delafield
Topic Author

ANOTHER customer service nightmare

Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:11 am

A few hours after posting the original post, I received a link to FedEx to print a new label. I cannot say that I'm pleased because of the MONTHS of hassle this has put us through. I will post an update later.

Regards.

richard123

Why won't anyone help?

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:23 pm

OK. I've been trying to get some support on the Roku since March. I have Lyndon's phone number. He promised to help. Over the last 2 weeks I have left several phone messages and sent an email with all the information I can find about my system. Why doesn't someone return my phone calls or answer my emails? I have a Linksys Music bridge that actually works. I would really like to have a Roku, but no one seems to want to help make it work. I've posted on the forum and had over 300 hits and no one has a clue. Lyndon. if you're not going to help me, send me the stuff I need to return the Roku. I already have something that does twice as much as the Roku. It the Roku don't work, I don't want it. If you don't want to help me make it work, then I don't want it. What do I need to do to send it back. I'd rather keep it, but why won't anyone help?

delafield
Topic Author

More incompetant customer service

Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:16 pm

I'm back. As reported above, after months of calling we finally received a return shipping label to return the Roku Netflix player. We sent the player back to Roku. But, Roku has not reversed the charges on the credit card.

Now we have the worst case scenario: returned the Roku, but we don't have our money back. No Roku, no money.

I'm going to have to spend months more getting our money back.

I'm warning people: consider the consequences of dealing with Roku before you actually buy anything form them.

Regards,
Delafield

delafield
Topic Author

Countdown for incompetance

Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:53 pm

Because posting lots of meesages online is the only way to get Roku to undo their mistakes, I'll continue posting here and complainting to Netflix. Lets see how long it takes for Roku to return my money. So far, it's been 18 days. How long do you think it will take to get our money back? Plase post your guess.

Roku received the returned package on June 17, 2009. This is the tracking information, so you know I'm not making this stuff up:

Jun 17, 2009 1:25 PM
Delivered
Toledo, OH
Jun 17, 2009 8:25 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
WATSONVILLE, CA
Jun 17, 2009 12:44 AM
At local FedEx facility
WATSONVILLE, CA
Jun 16, 2009 9:29 PM
Departed FedEx location
SACRAMENTO, CA
Jun 16, 2009 3:44 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
SACRAMENTO, CA
Jun 13, 2009 7:25 AM
In transit
RENO, NV
Jun 12, 2009 4:34 PM
In transit
NORTH SALT LAKE, UT
Jun 11, 2009 6:32 AM
Departed FedEx location
LEWISBERRY, PA
Jun 11, 2009 3:59 AM
LEWISBERRY, PA
Jun 10, 2009 9:58 PM
Left FedEx origin facility
PITTSTON, PA
Jun 10, 2009 9:18 PM
PITTSTON, PA
Jun 10, 2009 6:24 PM
Picked up
PITTSTON, PA

Although, I do find it strange that the package was supposedly delivered on June 17 in Ohio, but was also on a truck in California the same day. I think the Ohio "delivery" is the location of FedEx's customer, not the actualy delivery location.

Regards,
Delafield

richard123

good for you, I'm still waiting

Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:10 pm

I'm still waiting for a reply from Lyndon that I sent over a month ago stating I need to return the Roku as I just can not get it to work after spending time with him and many hours on my own. I would still like to return it.