Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

bsd2424
Topic Author

How about SLACKER.COM as a free channel on Roku...

Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:04 pm

How about giving thought to SLACKER.COM for another option to Pandora - my fingers are crossed for SLACKER.COM plz :lol:

julie

Re: How about SLACKER.COM as a free channel on Roku...

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:19 pm

I'll second that. Pandora's ok, but I would love to be able to listen to my Slacker stations!

KennyJ

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:21 pm

While Roku is doing some internal development on channels, a lot of channels are being created by the content providers themselves.

I'd send this request to slacker.com themselves and let them know there is an SDK available for channel development.

natew

Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:00 pm

I agree that slacker.com is better than pandora, however as long as we are requesting internet radio I have to throw in grooveshark.com. It is by far the best that I have used so far. It would be great to have more than one option.

Brad I.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:50 pm

natew wrote:
I agree that slacker.com is better than pandora, however as long as we are requesting internet radio I have to throw in grooveshark.com. It is by far the best that I have used so far. It would be great to have more than one option.

I would second grooveshark.com. In my oppinion it's the best I've found. I've sent two emails to them about the SDK, I suggest anyone that would like to see it as a channel email them as well. Eventually they may take notice.

Sick Boy SD

Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:41 pm

I'm on the band wagon too!!! Slacker as a channel but not through the Virtual Soundcard on Jamcast!!! Slacker does blow Pandora away!!! 8)

dahauss

Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:49 am

Slacker would be awesome!! I pay for the service and its much better then Pandora! anu update on if either ROKU or a private channel can be created? whats involved in creating a channel for slacker??

bc24

Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:21 pm

A Slacker channel would need to be developed in partnership with Slacker. So, unless Slacker is willing to create a channel on their own or let Roku create it for them, there isn't much hope. I would think they would want that though.

solar powered

Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Just putting in my 2 cents for Slacker. I have the first-gen player and still love it...

devil.punchbowl
Location: way way northern California coast - hidden behind the redwood curtain

Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:04 pm

It seems they are releasing an "all you can eat" subscription plan soon. On top of the sub plans they already have. It also looks like some Mog folks are going to leave Mog for the new Slacker "all you can eat" plan. Does Slackers audio format work on the roku ?

dahauss

Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Would LOVE to see slacker on the ROKU. I also pay for the service! I use it on my Computer and on my EVO4G cell phone.. what a great service!!

bmacarthur

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:07 pm

I pay for MOG and Slacker but would drop MOG if Slacker has something similar up its sleeves AND offers a Roku app. I would think that they would be particularly motivated now that Roku is making its platform available for integration with other hardware.