Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

evansystems

ROKU WILL NOT GIVE YOU BACK YOUR MONEY LIKE THEY PROMISED

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:27 pm

This email is to thank the guy who said he'd help but clearly getting money back from Roku is beyond the scope of any one person. I checked, the money wasn't there, not surprised. I've filed with the BBB and begun a dispute with my credit card company and firmly believe those are my only avenues as Roku is clearly not interested in returning my money as they promised. I now only hope to help warn anyone else who may be considering buying one of these junk players, DON'T DO IT!

philsoft
** Valued Community Member **

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:50 pm

This person appears to be trolling. He has a total of five posts on these forums, and every one of them is the same type of ranting as this one is. I have been a happy Roku customer for a long time and I would suggest simply ignoring this frantic foolishness.

RokuJamesL
Roku Engineering

Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:25 pm

I've been working with this person on his case. The refund was issued on 1/20. I just doublechecked it. At least on our end, the transaction went through. If there was a problem, we would have known about because it would have been rejected. Because the original transaction was done through PayPal, maybe there is a lag time for the refund to post to the credit card.

Karen818

ROKU WILL NOT GIVE MONEY BACK AS PROMISED - BE CAREFUL!!!

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:13 pm

The previous poster that someone said might be trolling most likely has had a struggle getting their money back like me. Be wise and listen. Roku will not give you your money back! I have a pile of emailed promises of 2-3 business days from Roku and not one shipping label which I need to return the box. I started this process on December 31st and have had nothing but a run around by Roku's customer service over the phone and by email.

The Better Business Bureau has given Roku a grade of D.

I know this because finally I decided the only way to get my money back was to file a complaint with them. I did that today. Seriously, if you love the little box -- great. But if you can't use it - like me - and want to return it, you WILL have a problem. Be careful with this company. I trusted them because of the Netflix affiliation and should've checked Better Business Bureau BEFORE I needed their help. Lesson learned.

RokuJamesL
Roku Engineering

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:48 pm

If you can send me a message with the details of your case (name, e-mail address, order and RMA numbers), I can help get your refund. I apologize for the difficulties you and many others have had. We know that the process is broken and it is in the process of being fixed. I know that is no consolation to your situation at this exact moment but we are taking steps to fix what is broken.

I've helped quite a few customers get return tag e-mails and refunds expedited over the last couple of weeks and I would be more than happy to help resolve your situation as well.

Karen818

PM sent

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Thank you for trying to help. I have sent you a personal message with the information you requested.

Karen818

Update

Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:32 pm

James,

Thank you. I received the Fed Ex shipping label today by email. I appreciate your help very much. I have notified the Better Business Bureau that the label arrived and look forward to receiving my refund.

Karen

RokuJamesL
Roku Engineering

Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:13 pm

If you have any issues with the refund, just shoot me a message and I will help take care of it.

evansystems

REFUND

Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:43 am

TO THE GUY WHO SAID I'M TROLLING, TROLL THIS, ROKU HASN'T REFUNDED MY MONEY FOR OVER ONE MONTH AND COUNTING. GLAD YOU LIKE YOUR BOX BUT LIKE OTHERS HERE WHO HAVE TRIED TO GET A REFUND FOR A BOX THAT WAS RETURNED A LONG TIME AGO, THIS COMPANY IS TREATING CONSUMERS LIKE DIRT. I DID FINALLY GET A RETURN LABEL VIA EMAIL AFTER THREE WEEKS BUT BY THEN HAD SENT THE BOX IN MYSELF. THEY'VE TOLD ME THE CREDIT IS THERE, JAMES YOU SAID I PAID THROUGH PAYPAL? I DID NOT. I PAID WITH MY CREDIT CARD, PAYPAL HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. THE SAGA CONTINUES WITH THE WORLDS LONGEST REFUND.

philsoft

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:13 am

OK, trolling or can't figure out that the combative attitude is less likely to get you what you want. Change the attitude, and people will be more receptive. Keep the attitude and keep getting negative responses.

dave123s

ROKU will not issue a Credit

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:48 am

ROKU appears to be as dishonest a copmany taht I've EVER dealt wiht. Prodcut was returned on 1/5/10 and still no credit issued and same "give me 2-3 days so I can escalate it". Not usre if it's incompetence, dishonest, or both ( I vote for both). Contacting CC company to dispute charge and willfile a claim with the BBB. WOuld NOT recommend doing business with ROKU to anyone and if you are considering, suggest reassessing that decision.

Crow550

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:52 am

Yeah loose the caps and relax. I would be pissed too. However James has helped so many others on this board. I'm sure if you give him time, he'll get your return figured out.

Yes without a doubt Roku needs to fix there customer service and move that D rating up and not down at the BBB.

Then again don't think the upcoming PopBox or Boxee Box will have a better 800 tech number. I seriously doubt it. Even they even have one.

As for RokuJamesL....flower dude. You need a raise or something.....I thought you were just an engineer at Roku but your always on these boards handling peoples returns and such.

You can see that Roku tries to provide some quality service, even if you have to find these boards to do so.

I'm sure all the kinks at Roku will get worked out in time.

Return issues are never fun.

Our economy blows and managing good tech support is not easy, especially since most companies like Roku have to outsource there tech support to keep there business a float.

So try to understand, they never meant to screw anyone out of returns or anything.....

Otherwise they wouldn't offer a 30 day trial and money back guarantee.
Last edited by Crow550 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

philsoft

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:52 am

Did you even read the announcement at the top of this forum? Probably not, just easier to whine right?

dave123s

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:55 am

Still waiting for credit to be issued against device that was delivered on 1/5/10. Each of my 7 conversations have reuslted in the same response..."please give me 2-3 days to escalate issue.."

ROKU appears to be the most dishonest company I've dealt with. Not sure if it is incompetence, dishonesty, or both. I will never recommend ROKU to another individual and suggest if you are ocnsidering, tread carefully - maybe re-assess taht decision. I have no option but ot start disputed charge process with my CC company and will file a claim with BBB

philsoft

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:58 am

READ THE POST AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM!!!