Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Crow550
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:14 am

Karen818

To those having trouble with refunds

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:00 pm

James has been incredibly helpful to me. I know how frustrated you are because I waited weeks for a shipping label and talked to everyone in what I believe was India to get it and emailed every "2-3 days" when the label didn't come. Once I found this forum and sent a message to James, he told me I would have the label and I did, the very next morning (and a Saturday!) so I think the post a couple here are wanting you to read is the apology for bad service and what I think is a sincere promise to work out the problems in the customer service area for the future.

I still haven't received my refund but I've returned the box and because of the courteous assistance I've received here at this forum, I feel sure I'll get my money back once the player is received by Roku. Fingers crossed!

So ... please send the PM. Crow, you're ok but telling someone whose had the run around I went through to relax wasn't your finest moment. Phil, you're NOT helping dude!

philsoft

Re: To those having trouble with refunds

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:04 pm

Karen818 wrote:
So ... please send the PM. Crow, you're ok but telling someone whose had the run around I went through to relax wasn't your finest moment. Phil, you're NOT helping dude!

Every so often we get someone in here that decides that a combative approach is the way to go. I don't want to see it, and many others don't want to see it either. So while you are certainly entitled to your opinion... I think I am helping what I WANT to help just fine... DUDE!

Karen818

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:13 pm

Except that the first post I saw from Evans wasn't at all combative it was actually very polite and a thank you. YOU attacked him with the trolling comment and your bit about him leaving whining messages other places. I'm just saying since you seem to have some interest in Roku products or the company that you might want to mimic James and be a little nicer to people who come here with a complaint. Have a lovely day DUDE.

philsoft

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Karen818 wrote:
Except that the first post I saw from Evans wasn't at all combative it was actually very polite and a thank you. YOU attacked him with the trolling comment and your bit about him leaving whining messages other places. I'm just saying since you seem to have some interest in Roku products or the company that you might want to mimic James and be a little nicer to people who come here with a complaint. Have a lovely day DUDE.

And you base this on ONE post, not the other FOUR that I mention in my first post, and not the Private messages he has sent me either right? You know very little about a subject that you have a great deal to say about. Complaints are not the problem, spamming, and snotty attitudes are the problem, but apparently you missed all of that.

Crow550

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:35 pm

By me saying to relax means not to type everything in caps. I understand your mad. I had a huge run around with getting a stupid rebate from Circuit City. It took like 5 months to get it. When I was told I would get it and that they weren't going anywhere. This was the Black Friday last year. Then some Months later they were bankrupt.

Look I would be ticked too, however I wouldn't be yelling & screaming in this forum. Especially since people at Roku were willing to help you.

None of this matters anymore as Roku has helped you.

So no one here should be bitching anyone out.

It's done & over with. Roku does make good on there promises. They just need to re-teach there tech support people on what to do.

So I'm done. I have no more to add. Sorry you went through flower for a return. You can tell us your story. You don't need to write the same thing every day in caps about it.

Even Google gets crap because lack of tech support with there new phone. Roku isn't the only bizz with less that stellar support.

Karen818

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:47 pm

I didn't mean to offend either of you. I apologize.

Crow550

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:44 pm

Typing in caps is a form of yelling. He did apologize.

Crow550

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:55 pm

Well that's what most people think: http://www.netmanners.com/email-etiquet ... nt-matter/ & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caps_lock

A lot of people find it rude.

SO STFU!

lol kidding. :wink:

However I'm not kidding that newer keyboards are slowly starting to remove the Caps Lock button. :?:

KennyJ

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:26 pm

devils.punchbowl wrote:
Crow550 wrote:
Typing in caps is a form of yelling. He did apologize.

Form of yelling ? If you say so. Must be some secret internet code. YELL.....

I thought that was common knowledge. I know someone who was terminated for composing an email to a client in all caps.I doubt that was the only cause for the termination, but the customer was upset by the email and believed they were being yelled at.

S80_UK

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:04 am

KennyJ wrote:
I thought that was common knowledge.

Common knowledge is purely a relative term. Speaking Mandarin is common knowledge for someone in Beijing, but not for me, and perhaps not for you. Likewise, typing in capitals might simply be a way for someone to raise their voice if they feel the need and are not aware of the local ettiquette (local to internet forums and the like).
Roku M1000, M1001, M2000, R1000, Roberts WM-201, Stream 83i

KennyJ

Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:15 am

S80_UK wrote:
KennyJ wrote:
I thought that was common knowledge.

Common knowledge is purely a relative term. Speaking Mandarin is common knowledge for someone in Beijing, but not for me, and perhaps not for you. Likewise, typing in capitals might simply be a way for someone to raise their voice if they feel the need and are not aware of the local ettiquette (local to internet forums and the like).

Of course it's relative -- but that doesn't make my point moot. It's common knowledge to wait at a red light too. If you didn't know that, then people would wonder why.

S80_UK

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:00 am

KennyJ wrote:
Of course it's relative -- but that doesn't make my point moot. It's common knowledge to wait at a red light too. If you didn't know that, then people would wonder why.

Clearly you have never been to some parts of China. Enough said.
Roku M1000, M1001, M2000, R1000, Roberts WM-201, Stream 83i

mayware

Beginning return process

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:17 am

I want to add my experiences but not in CAPS. I bought the HD model roku looking forward to the ease of using this product. I had recommendations from friends who had it and how great it was to use. When i received it i hooked it up right away following the very thin easy to read instructions giving me the illusion that this is a piece of cake. Seduced by the simplicity of the design. Alas it didn't connect to the "local Network" after getting the green light for the wireless. I began to try connecting over and over using their suggestion of adding the MAC address nothing was working.
I finally called the 888 number and got to talk to someone fairly quick. She helped me along with a list of "fixes" after over an hour nothing worked. I was assured of someone calling me back from tech support in two or three days. No one called me back, so I called them again and started the whole process over again. I gave my "tech support" the benefit of the doubt and tried some of his suggestions. He got to the point that he told me that someone would call me back. I had had it by this time and wanted them to send me a new box thinking this one was some how defective. In my process of trying to get this one box to work i had even hooked it up with an ethernet and it would not even connect to the wireless.
I was told that a new box would be sent to me. It came within a few days and i hooked it up and the same thing happened. I called the help line and talked to someone and discussed what could be happening. I had given the information about my router and internet provider to each and everyone of my tech support people. After trying to change some information in my router nothing was working. The tech guy then said something that i didn't hear from anyone that my router may not be work with the roku. This was the first time that anyone said that directly to me i had been finding this out by my own research but was not getting this from tech support. I changed my mind about this great product the tech support guy suggested using a different router which i thought was rather an crazy suggestion. I had just spent 150.00 on this product and was being told I need to get another new product because I could not use theirs in the mean while i have other computers hooked up to this router with no problem.
At this point being told that it's my router not the box i wanted to send it back and get my money back and walk away from trying to use this product. I really really wanted this to work and gave your tech guys every chance to make it work for me not getting a whole lot of assistance nad promises of people calling me back which frankly i never believed that out right lie.
I am now awaiting for the label to send back my replacement box. I have a label for the original box to send that one back.
So far I am not thrilled with my experience of the ROKU and frankly am feeling a bit abused by not being told upfront when I told them what router I had that this may cause a problem. Leading me on for about two and half weeks with trying to "fix" the problem.
I am hoping the getting my money back will be less painful.

philsoft

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:10 am

The problem was your router not the box, but I am sorry to hear you had problems with support. If you read the first post in the forum, you will see that Roku is aware of the problem with support and is working to get it fixed.