philsoft
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:17 pm

KennyJ wrote:
philsoft wrote:
RokuJamesL wrote:
mayware wrote:
On Friday and today

Sorry for the delay. I just transmitted the return tag e-mail to you. Check your inbox for it and let me know whether or not you received it.

LOL, James, you have the patience of Job I swear.

I think at this point even Job was asking.. "God, why me??"

LOL, you are probably right Kenny.

alant40

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:04 pm

RokuJamesL wrote:
If you can send me a message with the details of your case (name, e-mail address, order and RMA numbers), I can help get your refund. I apologize for the difficulties you and many others have had. We know that the process is broken and it is in the process of being fixed. I know that is no consolation to your situation at this exact moment but we are taking steps to fix what is broken.

I've helped quite a few customers get return tag e-mails and refunds expedited over the last couple of weeks and I would be more than happy to help resolve your situation as well.

I had the same problem with the return label via email and RokuJames was VERY helpful getting my label. So listen to him when he says he can help.

bradpr

Been waiting for 3 weeks for a promised refund

Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:27 am

I've been waiting for 3 weeks for a refund. Your call center management (Mike and Ben) have made more broken promises than I can count that they will ensure my refund will be delivered in 2-3 days. This customer service is a joke.

Philsoft, before you send your standard troll response to me, I am sending a PM to RokuJamesL, but I'm piling on so potential customers to Roku can understand what terrible customer service they're going to be dealing with. I thought my experience was a fluke, but this is clearly a serious problem.

RokuJamesL, your company needs to fire the company you've offshored your customer service operations to. They are simply the worst. Your company has a PR disaster brewing here.

Crow550

Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:40 am

LOL! 30 Days Season 2 is on Netflix Instant.

Check out the Outsourcing episode. :D

Speaking of Outsourcing there is a movie about it too. On Netflix instant called Outsourced.

Might give ya a better insight on what outsourced call centers are like.

bradpr

Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:51 am

Awesome, I'll put that on my queue as soon as i post this.

From the incompetent individuals I've dealt with in Roku's call center, I'll go out on a limb to say that the documentary you reference doesnt paint a pretty picture.

Although, the blame can't be placed on a group of foreign call center agents who are being paid minimum wage. Roku decided to place their customer service in this group's incapable hands. Roku's operations executive or CIO needs to be hung out to dry for this disaster.

I hope Anthony Wood reads these posts.

Thx for the Netflix rec.

Crow550

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:14 am

Will give ya an insight on the inner workings.......

I don't know how all outsourced call centers measure up to US. Same or worse? I'm not sure....Any outsourced are better than another? Any US?

Maybe outsourced is more scripted as maybe they have less personal experience with the product? So no higher ups to ask on specific product issues?

I'm not sure....

mayware

return label moving forward

Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:17 am

Thanks JamesL I did receive the return label crossing my fingers for getting my money back as fast as Roku took it.
I received my PS3 the same day I returned the box and happy to say I am hooked an streaming with no problem what so every. As far as I am concerned my router is fine. Roku has to look into what they have to figure out problems with connections. As far as I am concerned they have lost a fan.

brandib

Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:15 am

Well I received my label with no issues, returned the box, and have no refund to show for it. And the carefully read "Don't worry, we'll have your money expedited in the next 24 to 48 hours" line just doesn't relieve my fears that my money is gone for good.

(Waiting on a PM back from James, who seems to be the company's only redeeming quality in the return department thus far...)

jeffrok

Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:13 am

If you bought the Roku with a credit card, you can always dispute the charges with your credit card company.. I've done it a few times for disputes, and it works well.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

philsoft

Re: Been waiting for 3 weeks for a promised refund

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:10 am

bradpr wrote:
I've been waiting for 3 weeks for a refund. Your call center management (Mike and Ben) have made more broken promises than I can count that they will ensure my refund will be delivered in 2-3 days. This customer service is a joke.

Philsoft, before you send your standard troll response to me, I am sending a PM to RokuJamesL, but I'm piling on so potential customers to Roku can understand what terrible customer service they're going to be dealing with. I thought my experience was a fluke, but this is clearly a serious problem.

RokuJamesL, your company needs to fire the company you've offshored your customer service operations to. They are simply the worst. Your company has a PR disaster brewing here.

Read the post at the top of the forum.

RokuJamesL
Roku Engineering

Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:04 pm

I don't know what else to say other than we know there is a problem with customer service. Believe me, that's painfully obvious. People are more than welcome to vent here. I don't blame anyone if they want to.

That being said, there are people at Roku who genuinely care, myself included, and I am prepared to do whatever I can to help resolve any issues concerning RMA's, returns, and refunds that customer service is failing to resolve. I've been able to help with the vast majority of issues that have been brought to my attention, so again, please send me all relevant information and I will do whatever I can to resolve any outstanding issues.

KennyJ

Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:21 pm

RokuJamesL wrote:
I don't know what else to say other than we know there is a problem with customer service. Believe me, that's painfully obvious. People are more than welcome to vent here. I don't blame anyone if they want to.

That being said, there are people at Roku who genuinely care, myself included, and I am prepared to do whatever I can to help resolve any issues concerning RMA's, returns, and refunds that customer service is failing to resolve. I've been able to help with the vast majority of issues that have been brought to my attention, so again, please send me all relevant information and I will do whatever I can to resolve any outstanding issues.

You and Brian (Roku's twitter guy) deserve a raise. :)

bradpr

Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:40 am

philsoft wrote:

LOL!
Read my post - it had a special message just for you.
Phil = fanboytrollbot
I'm glad you enjoy your Roku, Phil. I enjoy mine too, but Roku has tied up $180 on my credit card the better part of a month now. Their cust svc has promised me 5 times to resolve the problems, but never follow through on their commitments to process the refunds or call me back with status.

Rokujames has been looking into my problem. I'm hopeful he can get this ridiculous issue resolved, as some posts here seem to suggest.

Does anyone here know what Roku's business problem is? The only reason I can come up with is that they're out of cash and teetering on the brink of bankruptcy.

BoloMKXXVIII

Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:47 am

bradpr wrote:
philsoft wrote:

Does anyone here know what Roku's business problem is? The only reason I can come up with is that they're out of cash and teetering on the brink of bankruptcy.

Roku has a serious problem that they are aware of and are addressing. It is unfortunate that you got stuck and have had to wait an entire month to get your money back (and counting). However, unless you have information that none of the rest of us have, what gives you the right to say they are on the brink of bankruptcy? That is considered slander in some places. I realize you want to vent your frustration, but there are better ways.

KennyJ

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:40 am

bradpr wrote:
philsoft wrote:

LOL!
Read my post - it had a special message just for you.
Phil = fanboytrollbot

I think he was trying to be helpful. I've directed people there too -- because some people seem to miss it.