Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Redbullsnation

Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:26 pm

rly?? THEN SUE THEM!!!

bradpr

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:19 am

Redbullsnation wrote:
rly?? THEN SUE THEM!!!

That would require a class action suit, and I don't think these damages are significant enough to warrant the effort required to form a class and file the suit. I'd consider this a frivilous lawsuit. Its better to handle via customer service and public forum channels.

If customers continue to be stuck with no refunds, the potential class size grows and a suit becomes more realistic. Hopefully that won't happen, and Roku will make this right by those of us who have been waiting weeks or months for refunds or RMA processing.

fpefpe

Department of Consumer Affairs

Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:25 am

Has anyone contacted the Department of Consumer Affairs for the
state of California? I am sure if they get numerous complaints they will
look into as a group --

Here is contact info --

http://www.dca.ca.gov/

Call Toll-Free 1-800-952-5210

Brian Stiger, Director, Department of Consumer Affairs

bradpr

Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:54 am

I'm pleased to report that, after working with James for just a little over a week, I have secured my refunds from Roku.

My advice is, if you're waiting on a refund or RMA label from Roku, don't bother with their customer service. Follow the sticky instructions at the top of the thread list in this forum, and PM James. He's a man of his word & will work diligently on your behalf to make things right for you.

Thank you, James.

joewrbs

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:19 am

Guess I'll throw my hat in the ring here. Just tried PM'ing James yesterday but the msg sems to be just sitting in my outbox. Does it sit there until he logs in again? :?:

bradpr

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:25 am

joewrbs wrote:
Guess I'll throw my hat in the ring here. Just tried PM'ing James yesterday but the msg sems to be just sitting in my outbox. Does it sit there until he logs in again? :?:

Just PM'd you to test this.
Yes, it appears that the message sits in the outbox until you read the message.
James is quick to respond. Should hear from him in 24-48 hrs.

jcmolet

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:26 am

joewrbs wrote:

If I remember correctly, it will sit in your outbox until he reads it, at which point it will appear in your sentbox. It is a little confusing, but your message has been sent, just not read. As others have noted, James is working hard at resolving these issues and I would suspect that when he does read your PM, he will act on it.

joewrbs

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:28 am

jcmolet wrote:
joewrbs wrote:

If I remember correctly, it will sit in your outbox until he reads it, at which point it will appear in your sentbox. It is a little confusing, but your message has been sent, just not read. As others have noted, James is working hard at resolving these issues and I would suspect that when he does read your PM, he will act on it.

Got it. Thanks jcmolet.

Got your msg too brad. Thanks guys.

joewrbs

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:22 pm

Well, no response from James yet. Hopefully, it's just because he's swamped :fingers crossed:

KennyJ

Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:30 pm

I haven't seen him post in the forums today... So he may be out of the office. Maybe he took a 4 day weekend. :)

RokuJamesL
Roku Engineering

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:06 pm

I've been out for the last 4 days, but messages concerning refunds sent to me during the last 4 days have been replied to today.

oldtoys

I've been out for the last 4 days

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:35 pm

CHECK YOUR IN BOX AGAIN I HAVE ALREADY SENT 2 PM WITH NO RESPONSE!

please excuse the caps as this problem has been on going for months!

mayware

Re: ROKU WILL NOT GIVE YOU BACK YOUR MONEY LIKE THEY PROMISED

Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:56 am

Thanks RokuJamesL My refund posted. Happily this is over sadly i could not enjoy your product but I'm lovin my PS3
Bye

dafontenots

Re: ROKU WILL NOT GIVE YOU BACK YOUR MONEY LIKE THEY PROMISE

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:57 am

** Wow, talked to a "Supervisor" and she told me to wait 24 hours. Waited 24 hours and no refund. My credit card company should now be giving you guys a call. I was very patient with you and you let me down.

Hi RokuJamesL,

I wanted to PM you but figured this would get noticed more and can maybe help with speeding up your internal procedures when processing RMAs. You definitely need help with that.

I returned the Roku player and you received it on 12-Nov-10, I can attach the signature from UPS if needed, well within my 30 days no questions asked return period. I am having the most difficult time of receiving my refund. I called in on the 17-Dec-2010, well after 10-15 business days...25 days to be exact. I was told by Customer Service something about the billing/shipping/receiving department did not submit the refund request, unacceptable and not my problem. Amala assisted me and told me a case was submitted, 496918, with the billing/shipping/receiving department and I should see the refund within 5 business days. Still no refund and it is now 23-Dec-2010. I called in again today, 23-Dec-2010, and spoke to Mani. She told me to wait a couple more days, 7-10 business days actually. I was even more frustrated with this call because of more days elapsed now and because I could not speak to a Supervisor to have this escalated. It was her first call and the Supervisor was not in for her Team. I gave you my money for the player, I did not like the player, I returned the player as requested, and now you sit holding my money for reasons I cannot understand. You say 10 business days in the original RMA email to me and yet don't deliver and looks like you (Roku) have aggravated lots more people than just little old me.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for trying our product. We are sorry to that you did not fully
enjoy your Roku player and want to return it. We will process a credit back
to the original account we charged within 10 business days after receipt of
your unit.

About your RMA:
Name: Michael Fontenot
RMA Number: R-873643
Product: New Roku player released on Sep 22,2010 and modified to 2100X on Oct 8th
Serial Number: K0A09F005567
Process Date: 04-Nov-10

Where's my money,
Mike

r.pilkerton

Re: ROKU WILL NOT GIVE YOU BACK YOUR MONEY LIKE THEY PROMISE

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:14 pm

I too am having difficulty returning my roku player. I contacted RokuJamesL via private message more than a week ago and still no reply! I've talked with customer support twice about my refund, which I have been waiting on over 15 business days! I called customer support after ten business days passed and was instructed, after a difficult conversation, that it would be no more than three business days that I would see a return. Four business days have passed. Someone please help me with this nonsense.