Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

SKIPnCEE@comcast.net

Re: No choices given for wireless network

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:26 pm

Mine started having the same problem tonight. It would also state that no network was found, but when I went to set-up...wired it would go through the test and show 3 greens. When I went to wireless got a blank screen although laptops 3 times as far away have "Good" connections. Ethernet seems OK on other channels but Netflix is returning no info tonight. I think that's a different problem as it started deteriorating over about 30 minutes. Well, back to cable On Demand.

jhzolitor

Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:41 pm

I've been having the same problem - no wireless networks listed, no "not shown" listed. I decided to try to set-up the Roku on another TV closer to the router. No success. Then I tried to connect the Roku to the router using an ethernet wire with the hope of upgrading the software and solving the problem. Roku showed a successful "wired" connection. Yet, even when connected via ethernet the download of the upgrade failed. So I tried to link the Netflix account and again, unable to connect. It seems that the problem lies with Roku's ability to "talk" to anything at all. The box takes commands from the remote but is unable to connect to the internet, OR a wireless connection. Very strange.

ofthewoods

Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:31 pm

I have the same problem. Roku had been working great, now it can not detect any wirless network, wii works, laptop works with my wireless network. I have had this box for almost two years. Looks like time to buy the blu ray player with wi-fi that I have been looking at.

142cs

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:56 am

Here are what you can do.
1. Wait for Roku to update the firmware.
2. Buy a Powerline Ethernet Adapter.
3. Buy a different brand box.