Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

cdumper
Topic Author

Netflix through Roku in Canada

Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi I'm in Canada & am having issues trying to get Netflex to stream through my Roku. I have a Netflix account & have had no problems registering other streams so i can see them on my TV but Netflex doesn't provide me with a code to register with. Is this a Roku or a Netflix problem. Thx

chris0071

Re: Netflix through Roku in Canada

Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Go to Netflix.com and click on "Instantly to your TV", and then on "Roku", and then enter your code to activate your Netflix account on your Roku.

tomp

Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:31 am

The activation that you suggested will not work because the browser automatically goes to Netflix.ca and not Netflix.com. Netflix.ca does not presently support Roku. I wish Roku does something about this soon as I just received my player in Canada three days ago and I am presently thinking of sending it back because of this issue. I have talked to Netrflix about this issue and they say it is a Roku problem.

chris0071

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:17 am

I'm not 100% sure if Canada is supported yet with Netflix ..... but for US customers, you have to add the Roku number on the Netflix site in order to connect the Roku to the Netflix account.

calgarymac

Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:17 pm

Netflix is available in Canada -- has been for almost a month now. Both Netflix and Roku have indicated (verbally) that Roku needs to upgrade their firmware for the service to work on their boxes. Trouble is, Roku isn't making any commitment to doing so. Interestingly, there are many other "boxes" that work here in Canada. I've got a PS3, Wii and Apple TV (the new model) all to work with the Canadian service.