Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Grgeiger
Topic Author

Roku remote won't work

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:46 am

I just bought a Roku box a few weeks ago.. My remote stopped working. The remote is acting like there is a button stuck, constantly pressing buttons. I took out the batteries, I made sure a button wasn't stuck, I rebooted the Roku several times and I still have the problem.

I think its a remote issue because when I take the batteries out of the remote the problem stops, but I have no other way to control the box except use the remote.

I was thinking moisture may have got somewhere in the remote, but we have been out of town the past few days. I can't see how that would happen. I would take apart the remote to see if anything is stuck, but since this item is so new.. I would rather not do that..

Any other tips I can try? Is it better to ship my Roku back before the 30 days expire?

Grgeiger
Topic Author

Re: Roku remote won't work

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:06 am

II got it fixed.. I built up enough guts to take apart the remote.. For whatever reason there must have been some moisture in there.. 10 seconds with a hair dryer fixed it.. Not sure why there was moisure in there.. Nobody was here the last few days.. but Oh well.. its fixed.. :)