Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Billybaroo
Topic Author

Roku wireless streaming video with Linksys WRT54GS

Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:22 pm

I have Comcast internet at 20mbps and the Linksys WRT54GS "G" wireless router. I'm having a few problems with my Roku wireless connection and I was wondering if I need to switch to a new Linksys "N" wireless router. Any help would be appreciated.

Burkhardi

Re: Roku wireless streaming video with Linksys WRT54GS

Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:44 pm

Billybaroo wrote:
I have Comcast internet at 20mbps and the Linksys WRT54GS "G" wireless router. I'm having a few problems with my Roku wireless connection and I was wondering if I need to switch to a new Linksys "N" wireless router. Any help would be appreciated.

For what it's worth, I am using a Linksys WRT54GS too, mine is a version2.0 and it works great. I even stream uncompressed HD video with it too.
Check what version you have and firmware too. Also, I hear good things about the DD-WRT firmware too, but I don't use it on my main router, just my 5-port ethernet bridge (WRT54G with dd-wrt).
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

chris0071

Re: Roku wireless streaming video with Linksys WRT54GS

Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:28 pm

I also use the exact same router with excellent results.

One thing I would suggest if to change the router channel to 6 or 11.