Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

ladymcquaid
Topic Author

No Roku Display screen showing

Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:05 pm

Roku died a while ago and I got a new AC adapter, so now I have a blue-ish light on the device again, but no display on the TV. I did get a new modem too. I don't know how to make this work wirelessly again. I have the tri-color cords and AC hooked up. Ideas? Customer service is no help at all.

daisy.frederick

Re: No Roku Display screen showing

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:33 pm

Hi

It looks like the power adapter had died that's why when replaced with a new one your Roku
status light is lite in blueish/white color.

Note:
1. Check whether the tri-color cord from roku to tv is hooked securely
2. The tri-color cord should be hooked to the In/Input slot on the tv
3. Use the television remote to find the Roku input on the tv

ladymcquaid
Topic Author

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:56 pm

Hello, thanks for your reply. The light used to be red before I replaced the power cord. Any idea why that would now be blue? I hooked up the cords the same as before, but no luck. I've tried all the channels...

ladymcquaid
Topic Author

Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:33 pm

Any ideas? I'm ready to toss the thing and get the apple tv instead.

chris0071

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:00 pm

Hmm, never heard of a red light on the Roku ..... but then again, I'm fairly new to the whole Roku thing.

Do you have the Roku hooked up the same way as you did before when it worked?

Have you double checked all of the connections?

Is your TV set to the input specified for the input source used?

Have you tried it on a different TV just to make sure there's not a problem with the port?

Do you get any screen at all when you power it up?

Did you try a different set of cables?

ladymcquaid
Topic Author

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:09 pm

Hello, Thanks for your reply. I'm fairly certain the light used to be red. I could be mistaken on that, though. This is the same cables, but a different AC adapter since it stopped working before and we got a new one. I also have a new modem, and I'm not sure if that would affect things, though I think I'd still get a screen when I start it. Just the plain blue screen when you're choosing DVD or VCR. I don't have another TV to try it on. I can't get help from support because I bought it second-hand and now I'm thinking the Apple TV might be the way to go. Also, when I call support, they seem to be reading off of a screen and not actually possessing knowledge of the problem. The light does light up when I push buttons, but it's not solid, just blinking. So frustrating...

chris0071

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Of course support is reading off a script. That happens with any technical support these days. At the very least, the frontline support will work off of a script in order to solve the most common problems.

Did they give you troubleshooting steps to try? What were they? Did any of them make any difference at all? (IE: Did the screen flash or anything) Do you have the TV set to the proper input source?

ladymcquaid
Topic Author

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:43 pm

They just kept on asking if the cords were in the right place (they're in the same place as before, when it used to work). I can't get too far with them because they want to know I bought it from them before helping any more. And no, no difference at all. They also asked me to change the input and check other channels. No go.

chris0071

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:41 pm

ladymcquaid wrote:
Hello, Thanks for your reply. I'm fairly certain the light used to be red. I could be mistaken on that, though. This is the same cables, but a different AC adapter since it stopped working before and we got a new one. I also have a new modem, and I'm not sure if that would affect things, though I think I'd still get a screen when I start it. Just the plain blue screen when you're choosing DVD or VCR. I don't have another TV to try it on. I can't get help from support because I bought it second-hand and now I'm thinking the Apple TV might be the way to go. Also, when I call support, they seem to be reading off of a screen and not actually possessing knowledge of the problem. The light does light up when I push buttons, but it's not solid, just blinking. So frustrating...

Did you try resetting the box with the reset button? You'll need a paperclip ro reach the reset button on the box.

ladymcquaid
Topic Author

Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:40 am

Yep, several times. I think maybe I've just got a bad box...