Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

kjd
Topic Author

cant connect using 720p mode

Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:21 pm

I have a brand new Roku software version 2.7. I am able to connect with Netflix/Amazon etc successfully using the standard 4:3 display settings. However, when I try to set the display to 720p (TV is Samsung TFT-LCD LN-T4665F) I cannot connect. I am using the HDMI output. Is anyone else having any difficulty like this? I assume I can use 720P. If I use the 4:3 setting the pictures are slightly stretched which is a bit annoying since it looks like I should be able to use 720P.
Would appreciate any ideas?
Thanks!

emarkay

Re: cant connect using 720p mode

Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:34 pm

Gee, and I thought my old 16:9 CRT (!) srt with only component vid inputs was just "borked" on this - interesting in seeing what you find out here!

What type of Roku you have and what type of cables - have you tried alternate connections?

jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:20 pm

kjd wrote:
I have a brand new Roku software version 2.7. I am able to connect with Netflix/Amazon etc successfully using the standard 4:3 display settings. However, when I try to set the display to 720p (TV is Samsung TFT-LCD LN-T4665F) I cannot connect. I am using the HDMI output. Is anyone else having any difficulty like this? I assume I can use 720P. If I use the 4:3 setting the pictures are slightly stretched which is a bit annoying since it looks like I should be able to use 720P.
Would appreciate any ideas?
Thanks!

Try asking this in the other forum- the "Roku Streaming Player" forum.. You'll get a lot more help there, as that's the main Roku player forum.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

kjd
Topic Author

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:06 pm

Thanks for your comments. I have a Roku HD model and have an HDMI cable connecting this into one of my HDMI inputs on the tv.
When I go to the Roku settings menu and set the display to 720p and then try to connect to the network I get red light saying cant connect. When I go to 4:3 display I can connect with the network ok. Trouble is the picture is stretched.
I will try the other forum as suggested