Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Hudsonra
Topic Author

Roku XD stops Linksys wireless router

Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:19 pm

I have noticed that my new Roku XD knocks out the Internet connection via my Linsys wireless-N router. Roku works fine for a while, but usually during the overnight hours, the wireless router looses its connection to the Internet. When this happens, no wireless devices in my house can access the Internet. If I power the router off and on, it is able to re-establish an Internet connection. I'm sure it is the Roku, because this does not happen when I unplug the Roku overnight. When I plug the Roku back in, it usually works fine long enough to watch a movie, but it always eventually knocks out the router. Before the Roku came to my house, I only needed to reset the router once or twice per year.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I think it may be a configuration setting on my router.

dgrace

Re: Roku XD stops Linksys wireless router

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:51 pm

Nope. I also have a Linksys router, a very stable router I find. I used to have a dlink which would lose the printer EVERY night, forcing a reboot. Is it possible to try another router? Set it up exactly as the current one and see if it behaves the same. Keep the receipt for the new one, if you have to buy one (borrow would be good option if possible).
"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ