Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mediafreak10
Topic Author

Looking to get a new media player...

Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:59 pm

I'm sure this question has been asked a bunch of times, but I'm looking into getting an HD Media player that streams files to my tv. I have looked at 3 different ones but am still unable to make a desicion. I am a newbie on this and would love your guys feedback. I am currently debating between a Roku box, WD Tv, and the UEBO M200. So far I've heard that the M200 is the best option for what I want to do. Have any of you guys used these products and what do you think? Also the M200 has a christmas promotion goin where its on sale and its cheaper than the other 2 boxes. I dont mind forking the extra bucks to get the better player, but i would love to hear your guys thoughts. Thanks in advance for the help and advice.

Frazier

Re: Looking to get a new media player...

Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:07 pm

I have the Roku and it is a great player. I do not have any experience with the other two. Roku has it's issues once in a while but I think just like anything they are fixed pretty quick. The only thing I do not like is when you call Roku customer service the people you speak to do not speak very good english and they could be better trained. Just seems like they (which is probably true) read a script from the computer and when that script ends so do they. Just my thoughts!

Frazier

cowboycctx

Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:01 pm

I'm no expert. I have both the Roku XDS and the WD Tv Live Hub, the Roku does not have DLNA so you can easily access other DLNA devices on your network. In my option WD TV Live Hub is a better device even though is does not have built in Wireless. Its interface seems much better the Rokus. Roku does have the Channel store which is a big plus but its still does not make up for the streaming your local Video/Music and Pictures on your own network. The WD TV Live Hub has a 1tb hard drive built in and does cost about $99.00 more, but it does give you a network drive that you can store all your content on for share to almost any device on your network. If I had known Roku did not have DLNA built in I would not of purchased it. I know there is a 30 day return policy but I am waiting to see if Roku improves this product. Good luck in your search for a player.

brucew6

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:34 am

Buy it on eBy, there's no problem getting a refund.