Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

xoadellexo

Re: Can not access Channel Store

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:07 pm

destruk wrote:
Hit home x5, fast forward x3, rewind x2. Then you can change the channel store url.
api.roku.com is the only one I've ever been able to get to work.

My uncle and I did this, and we changed it to the link, but what do you do after that? We went back to the home and it was still the same. Settings and advertisements. No channel store. Not even netflix

destruk

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:58 am

If the channel store icon isn't even showing up on the menu of available choices to select then my guess is you have a different problem.

cbullard

Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:39 pm

I cant access this either, it tells me to check my connection, which is excellent. I had no trouble earlier today but have rebooted and everything wiht no luck.

curly

Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:56 am

I've been experience this multiple times per day since receiving my device on Monday, despite "excellent" connection. It streams fine, just can't access channel store at least 50% of the time I try to.

budzy

Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:43 pm

After aprox: 4 minutes after a factor reset I am no longer access the channel store. It say something wrong with the network which is running 100%. Their system evens says so. I have spent hours on the phone, chat lines and even sent it back and received one that does the exact thing. Worked with tech for aprox: a hour after receiving the replacement changing settings in my router with no help. The tech I was working with and said he was at the end of what he could do. He talked to the other techs and said they have just started getting these reports. Once my channels are on my page with out going through channel store it does ok. Even the movies work great. My friend brought over his sony google tv blu ray and it worked great. They told me to call back in a couple days maybe they would have some infomation by the. I can do a factory reset and the chasnnel store works for about 4 minutes. BUT you will have to relog on to Roku and any other channels that needs a code to make it work again. What a pain ! I did run a cable from router to wire it dirrect as well. So there is no wireless problem.

dhdorrough2

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:21 am

Same problem. Cannot access the channel store and all of my channels have disappeared. Multiple resets, re-boots have not helped. Cannot upgrade the firmware because the firmware upgrade fails every time.

shadowfaqs

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:11 pm

Just for the record, I wanted to chime in that I am having the same exact problem. I just bought my Roku yesterday and set it up a few hours ago. Netflix works fine, but can't access the channel store anymore, so I can't add more channels. It worked earlier today and just stopped working for some reason. I wish there were a way to add channels on the Roku website in addition to adding via the Roku box (if & when that works!). This is an obvious known problem that I hope gets fixed eventually. Sounds like it is an ongoing problem...