Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Frazier
Topic Author

Does anybody speak english?

Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:32 pm

Wow amazing, call customer support and the people you talk to hardly speak a lick of English, why is that? I am needing help with the Roku after adjustments to the network, when you talk to them they don't have any idea what is going on!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Frazier

Frazier
Topic Author

Re: Does anybody speak english?

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:09 pm

My issue is the guy who I spoke to had me delete the password for the network setup, I do not remember the password as the Roku saves it. So my problem now it what to do regarding the password, any input would help!

Frazier

DaBronx
** Valued Community Member **

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:32 am

Frazier wrote:
Wow amazing, call customer support and the people you talk to hardly speak a lick of English, why is that? I am needing help with the Roku after adjustments to the network, when you talk to them they don't have any idea what is going on!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Frazier

नमस्कार. मैं आपकी सहायता कर सकते, मेरा नाम सुधीर है. क्या इस मुद्दे को सर प्रतीत होता है?

Peace

brett
55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)

Frazier
Topic Author

Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:28 am

I guess not! Hence why they have such terrible customer service reviews.

Marc

SuetyStanes

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:11 pm

Frazier wrote:
My issue is the guy who I spoke to had me delete the password for the network setup, I do not remember the password as the Roku saves it. So my problem now it what to do regarding the password, any input would help!

Frazier

Contact your ISP.

sgillespie

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:01 pm

No, they don't speak English. They charged me for a cable I didn't get because they didn't ship it. When I asked for a refund I got a reply that since I got the free shipping, I didn't get the "free" cable, which actually I had purchased. I sent another email today asking them to straighten it out. I hope I don't have to go to the state attorney general's office to deal with ROKU.

If you don't speak English, then don't sell it here.

authorbrucesarte

Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:04 pm

Frazier wrote:

Frazier

Is it the password for your wireless network or for your roku account?
Bruce A. Sarte
Author, Towering Pines Volume One: Room 509
http://www.bruceasarte.com

DaBronx

Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:44 am

Frazier wrote:

Frazier

Frazier,

In the Roku network settings, enter your SSID, then where your password is and it looks like dots, just look down on the bottom right of the page for the "show password" which is just underneath "done", move the selector to it, click, and the characters will appear if you have forgotten the previously entered password.

Or you can try logging into your networks router and checking the wireless settings. In my router my SSID and passwords appear, have had to go and check them myself for accuracy when setting up new equipment.

Peace

brett
55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)

krisbee

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:44 am

When I called for help, the man on the phone, read from the script, and didn't listen to a word I said. I said several times - "You are not listening to me, I told you I did this, this, and this", and then he would read the same steps again to me that I just told him I did. I've never had such a terrible experience, even with other companies customer service not in the US.

However, after 30 minutes and me actually starting to yell at him, I did figure out that my brand of TV can't have something plugged into the component port if you use composite, even if it is a different input. Yanked out the DVD player and everything worked. BTW, that wasn't in his script, that was me being defiant - and it worked.

Frazier
Topic Author

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:30 pm

Brett,

I have resolved the issue and it was what you were talking about as far as the password. I ended up turning something off on my router and everything worked ok. It was not letting anything access it for whatever reason, I don't really know much about the router settings and such.

Thank You,

Frazier

shmom

Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:41 pm

I am so frustrated with Roku's customer service. I called them several times and I can't even understand what they are saying. On top of that, the rep would not put me through to his manager. I had ordered a Roku box one day and several hours later, found out I could get it cheaper at Amazon so a few hours later, I called up customer service and had them cancel the order. I was given a case # and thought that was the end of it. The next day I get the roku box in the mail; I called up customer service and they gave me an RMA number so I put the RMA number on the outside of the box (never opened it) and marked "return to sender". They said I would get the credit when they receive the box. I get my credit card statement and they credited me for the box, but charged me for the shipping ($10); I immediately called them back and told them that I should have to pay for the shipping since I cancelled the order. The rep (who I could hardly understand) kept saying it is their policy that the customer pays for the shipping (I guess no matter if Roku made a mistake or not). I kept asking for his manager, but he just kept repeating their "policy". I think that they just continually tell the customers the same thing hoping that the customer will throw up their hands and give up...then they make money off bogus shipping charges. I won' t buy from them again nor will I recommend them to anyone. Their customer service SUCKS! :(

SuetyStanes

Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:12 pm

So you bought something, had it shipped to your house, changed your mind, and expected the company to eat the shipping costs?

Sounds like someone needs to learn how to shop online... :roll:

stratcat96

Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:37 pm

SuetyStanes wrote:
So you bought something, had it shipped to your house, changed your mind, and expected the company to eat the shipping costs?

:lol:

DaBronx

Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:07 am

SuetyStanes wrote:

:lol: +1

DaBronx

Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:14 am

shmom wrote:
I am so frustrated with Roku's customer service. I called them several times and I can't even understand what they are saying. On top of that, the rep would not put me through to his manager. I had ordered a Roku box one day and several hours later, found out I could get it cheaper at Amazon so a few hours later, I called up customer service and had them cancel the order. I was given a case # and thought that was the end of it. The next day I get the roku box in the mail; I called up customer service and they gave me an RMA number so I put the RMA number on the outside of the box (never opened it) and marked "return to sender". They said I would get the credit when they receive the box. I get my credit card statement and they credited me for the box, but charged me for the shipping ($10); I immediately called them back and told them that I should have to pay for the shipping since I cancelled the order. The rep (who I could hardly understand) kept saying it is their policy that the customer pays for the shipping (I guess no matter if Roku made a mistake or not). I kept asking for his manager, but he just kept repeating their "policy". I think that they just continually tell the customers the same thing hoping that the customer will throw up their hands and give up...then they make money off bogus shipping charges. I won' t buy from them again nor will I recommend them to anyone. Their customer service SUCKS! :(

From your post it looks like customer service did exactly what you asked for.

You say that you told the Roku rep that you should have to pay for shipping since you cancelled the order (see quote of OP above). :!:

Sometimes it is the customer and not customer service that sucks!

Sometimes it is the customer and not customer service who struggles to speak and express their thoughts in english.

Have a great day and a Merry Christmas.

Peace

brett