Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

eph515
Topic Author

Using Roku XD In Different Locations?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:49 pm

Hi I just bought a Roku XD and have set it up at home to my wireless router with no issues and enjoying Netflix on it. Can I take this Roku unit elsewhere outside my home network and watch Netflix? For instance, when I visit friends and family out of state and they happened to have a wireless router, is it as easy as just hooking up to their wireless router and I can start using it or are there any other setups needed? Thanks.
- J

mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Using Roku XD In Different Locations?

Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:26 pm

eph515 wrote:
Hi I just bought a Roku XD and have set it up at home to my wireless router with no issues and enjoying Netflix on it. Can I take this Roku unit elsewhere outside my home network and watch Netflix? For instance, when I visit friends and family out of state and they happened to have a wireless router, is it as easy as just hooking up to their wireless router and I can start using it or are there any other setups needed? Thanks.
- J

Totally is. You just have to attach it to their TV and their network, and all your saved settings and channels will be available. The box doesn't care where it's set up.

eph515
Topic Author

Re: Using Roku XD In Different Locations?

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:21 pm

mikebdoss wrote:

Totally is. You just have to attach it to their TV and their network, and all your saved settings and channels will be available. The box doesn't care where it's set up.

Excellent! Thanks mikebdoss.

-J