Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

gtvolpe
Topic Author

Setup Help with Network Selection

Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:15 pm

I'm attempting to re-connect my Roku device (that I've had for about a year) to my TV, but during the setup process, I select "wireless" as the connection type, and on the next screen where I am supposed to be able to select my network SSID, nothing at all comes up on the screen. Any advice for how to find my network - or at least how to get Roku to let me type in my SSID manually? Thanks!

iliveonthenet

Re: Setup Help with Network Selection

Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:29 pm

I recently set up a new Roku box, however mine was a first-time Roku set-up experience. I had to move my LinkSys wireless router to a spot slightly higher and closer to the Roku, which is in the same room. I also had to reboot the Roku, and once it saw that my wireless network, and connected to the internet, it started updating its internal software on its own, and the rest was flawless.

On my initial attempt to do the install, I was prompted to select a wired or wireless network, but after selecting and the Roku detecting the wireless network, the Roku could not connect to the Internet.

For me and my LinkSys BEFW11S4 V2/V3 with Firmware Version 1.45.10 from ( -believe it or not... Apr 15 2004- ), the fix was:
1. to enable the wireless router in Win 7 network devices
2. modify the DNS entries on the Router's Web page to the OpenDNS settings of 208.67.222.222 as Primary and 208.67.220.220 as secondary

Hope that helps!