Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

cbullard
Topic Author

Do I need to reboot every time

Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:45 pm

I want to use my Roku player? If I switch to my regular tv and then go back to my hdmi source again, nothing happens but no signal and an intermittant green screen, so i have to unplug everytime and start over, including my settings. Is this normal? I would think the roku would just show back up when I go to HDMI like my apple tv does, but it wont.

destruk

Re: Do I need to reboot every time

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:58 pm

hmm...what model tv and roku is this? I have ours set up on AUX2. Then there is the antenna on channel 3, and VHS/DVD on AUX1, and a PVR on channel 2. Switching this way always works for me. You might try using component connections instead of HDMI and just see if that makes any difference?

cbullard
Topic Author

Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:28 am

A pretty new vizio tv and the newest most $$ Roku. The $99 one. It is set to HDMI 1. No problem with Apple tv HDMI 2. Is there something on the remote I need to hit once I get it back on hdmi 1? Like a refresh or anything?

destruk

Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:04 pm

Home should refresh the screen, but it should be sending something to the display all the time, if only the screensaver - and it doesn't check if the display is powered and/or receiving it either.