Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mountaincat5
Topic Author

Browsing from TV question

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:31 pm

Hi,

I purchased a Sony-Blu Ray WIFI player to stream Netflix. I purchased the $7.99 streaming plan from Netflix.

I found cannot not browse the Netflix from my Sony player control. I have to do the queuing from my computer.

My son has the Roku and can browse Netflix thru his Roku control, and his choices pop up on his TV screen.
His plan with Netflix is $9.99.

My question.

Is the ability browse Netflix from the TV unique to the Roku or is it the plan from Netflix?

Thank you,
Mountaincat5

mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Browsing from TV question

Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:47 pm

It's specific to the device. The different plans don't change how you interact with either the Netflix site or the streaming access through your device.

destruk

Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:14 pm

I can't browse the netflix streaming library on either of my boxes - however, I can add items to my instant play queue on a pc, and then I get access to those choices on ROKU - does it really work some other way for other plans? And I'm not really sure I'd want to 'browse' through 20,000 films using the roku search features either. :)

mountaincat5
Topic Author

Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:32 am

Thanks Mike & Destruk,

Actually, my son can browse pretty fast from his Roku. I like that feature....but I'll just have to continue (the old fashion way :)) and use my computer to choose and place them in queue. "sigh"