Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

drumerboy1988
Topic Author

USB Port Activation / Version 3.0

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:37 pm

Does anyone know when the next software update will be, activating the usb port on the XDS model? A big reason for me buying the XDS was to possibly play movies I have on an external HD. At first they said November, then December, and now January???

P.S. I've tried the other private channels i.e. roksbox and didn't find the performance all that great

mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Re: USB Port Activation / Version 3.0

Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:45 pm

drumerboy1988 wrote:
Does anyone know when the next software update will be, activating the usb port on the XDS model? A big reason for me buying the XDS was to possibly play movies I have on an external HD. At first they said November, then December, and now January???

P.S. I've tried the other private channels i.e. roksbox and didn't find the performance all that great

None of us here (except perhaps the admins, who aren't talking) don't know any more than you do. Roku doesn't give hard dates for this kind of release, but I'd bet on "sooner than later".

jeff_forney

Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:17 pm

I have been working with support for over 30 days on my one box. they said it looks like it was not getting any power, because the box would not see any device that was plugged into the usb. so with online and phone support, not able to get it working they sent me a new box to try that one out. worked with them a few days, then one tech said the port is not even active, so i said ok i don't need the box then, that was one of the reasons i got it, to show my clients there photos on the big screen. but he said i can only return one because the first one is over 30 days. but that is only because they were working on it trying to get it to work. so do we even know if the new software upgrade will even work ?

stratcat96
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:40 pm

jeff_forney wrote:
I have been working with support for over 30 days on my one box. they said it looks like it was not getting any power, because the box would not see any device that was plugged into the usb. so with online and phone support, not able to get it working they sent me a new box to try that one out. worked with them a few days, then one tech said the port is not even active, so i said ok i don't need the box then, that was one of the reasons i got it, to show my clients there photos on the big screen. but he said i can only return one because the first one is over 30 days. but that is only because they were working on it trying to get it to work. so do we even know if the new software upgrade will even work ?

the usb port works right now... Roku just doesnt have an "official" channel for its function. There is a private channel available that many of us use. I really wish Roku would train some of those half-wit support techs out in India. So many problems would be avoided if they actualluy had an idea of what they were talking about

jeff_forney

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:21 am

still could not get mine to work, roku even sent me a new one, same issue. anything i pulg into the usb comes back " unable to see any device connected " i am using the 3rd party usb icon. is there some other kind of setting i might need to do ? here is the code i used. KGULU

Martin723

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:36 am

I was told that all USB ports are not working on Roku players..Is this true?..Mine work when I first got it Dec 23,2010.. Now it don't..Was told by Roku that they had problems with USB on the players.. Hope they get it fix soon..my version is 2.9 are they a new one out?