Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Frazier
Topic Author

Playon Channel

Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:29 pm

Hello,

I recently added the Playon channel for the 14 day preview and it is a pretty cool channel. Does anyone else have any feedback on this channel. Why do you have to download the program on your computer? It seems pretty reasonable like $35.00 for a year or $75.00 for lifetime, I have heard this will not continue to be on the Roku, is that correct? Thank's for your input!

Frazier

Frazier
Topic Author

Re: Playon Channel

Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Any feedback?

Thank You,

Frazier

Frazier
Topic Author

Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:44 pm

I guess no one has tried Playon since there is no feedback. I am still using the 14 day trial and I am not very impressed. The picture is terrible and choppy. If you have any feedback please let me know.

Thank You,

Marc

destruk

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:10 am

I have my TV connected through HDMI to my video card, so if it can be displayed on my computer, I can watch it on my tv with no lag, no sync issues, and it saves me the $75 lifetime price of PlayOn - my cost - $6 from a cables store for the wiring. The tv can play literally anything my computer can in the original format without requiring transcoding. I can also grab screenshots, demux/transcode/record/fastforward/rewind, etc etc and reencode with overlays if I wanted too. That's the ideal solution, so no, I have no need or desire to look at those types of channels. I tried to find the site I got that cable from - it was custom at the time. Anyway, a similar setup is available here but they want $10-$18 for it depending on length - http://www.svideo.com/dvihdmiaudio3.html

curly

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:26 pm

I tried it and didn't like it. The playback through the Roku was too unreliable for me. The quality was not very good. Also tried it through my Wii and still didn't like it.