Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

duder
Topic Author

Connection issues

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:57 am

New to the forum & to Roku ownership.

Set up went fine.

Hard wired to a router. Router wired to a modem. Modem is also wireless.

I am having connection issues. After a day or two of not using the Roku, I go to access the features and the purple light on the front of the Roku just blinks and blinks and will not connect to the network. Router sees Roku. Roku sees router. Won't connect , wired OR wireless. I've tried both.

I usually have to unplug the modem AND the Roku and let them "power" back up. Then, works. Until a few days later. Same situation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

tupdegraff

Re: Connection issues

Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:37 pm

I have a HD box that I have been using since last Christmas. Other then having to re send the code into Netflix every now and then this has worked great until I moved it. Got a new DVD player with streaming, so I moved the box to my bedroom (closer to router) and now I can't get through the set up screens. Have rebooted, hit the reset and now I get to the welcome only 5 mins to set up press next and then activation issue screen. I can't get to the internet hook up wireless/wired screen I was getting to before I hit reset. White light on front of box instead of the red it used to be. It was getting to the pick your wireless network screen but then not listing any onscreen. Is rodu overwhelmed from Christmas purchases? This is a pain. It is supposed to be plug and play, not change all your settings on your router like I see other people talking about. That is fine if your a techie but this isn't being sold as a Geeksquad needed device!

Thanks.

kennethjyoung

Re: Connection issues

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:12 pm

I have the same sort of issue. When my router or cable modem are restarted I have to reset roku from factory reset mode, including powering it down. Big pain as this happens about 1X per week. Is this normal for Roku to need a factory reset if the router reboots?
Also, are you ever supposed to turn roku off- like for the four or five days a week I don't use it? If so I haven't figured out how to turn it off other than to unplug it.

thanks.