Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

kny
Topic Author

Rate songs in library via remote

Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:35 pm

I've got a very large library. I would like to actually use the song Rating feature of WMP11 so that as time goes by the number of songs I have rated gets large enough such that the dynamic "4-star" and "5-star" playlists are actually useful. If I could just click a button on my remote and have the song rating be reflected in my WMP library I would actually do this. But, as it is now, I must go to the computer with the library, run WMP, find the song and rate it. Realistically, this just isn't going to happen.

Is this feature actually possible? Does the protocol with the music server support this song rating functionality, or is that a feature specific to the WMP11 user interface?

gusdesigns

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:07 am

Any news on this ? This is also something I would very much appreciate!

grommet

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:36 am

The UPnP AV standard does not allow this. It's beyond it's scope. Sorry. The same, to my knowledge, is true for Apple's proprietary DAAP protocol.

gusdesigns

Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:40 pm

Hi,

But as the SB is using the RSP protocol with the Firefly server, it should be possible to add it there, no? :?:

Regards.

fukkes

New Infos about this case?

Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:51 am

Hi There!

Now, I've got my RokuSoundbridge. I am very happy with it. It works great und fast.

So, now I want to know if there is any possibility to rate the song while listening to??? (1 to 5 Star rating).

I've seen this feature on a bose sound system. And it's really great feature to rate the song and next creat a smart playlist with alle 5-star-rated songs.

Like it's requested: I would be really great, to use on of the remote button to rate the song direct.
In my case I just need a button witch gives the songs 5 or 1 Start. For me it's not important to give ratings in a scale of 1 to 5. I only what to filter my huge music database.

So, are there any news about a feature to rate the songs you are listen to???

Thanks!
Bye
FuKKes

cakes

Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:31 pm

I also would really love this feature ! :!:
Server: WXP-SP2 PC with Firefly and GBPVR (tv, video,...)
Clients:
1x soundbridge homemusic
2x Hauppauge media MVP

fukkes

Any news?

Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:56 am

Hi there!

Any news about this feature request???
ME AND MANY, MANY OTHER USERS NEED THIS!!!!
BTW: Is it more a Problem by the client (Roku) or by media server???

PLEASE Add a feature like this!!

Thx+much greeting!
FUKKES

Goemon

Song rating ...

Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:15 pm

Hello everyone,

I was contacted by mail some days ago for my Tools4Roku software and the possibility to add a song rating option. I thought of that before, but did not see any possibility to realize it. Now I have a new idea:

The FireFly Database is a SQL-based file, isnt it? So if I can modify the DB tag for "rating" from an external script the problem would be solvable.
I will have no problem to add some code to t4roku, so that it catches a remote button event and correlate thois to the song played at this time, but I have now idea how SQL works or how I can use perl to manipulate a SQL database. Anyone here in the forum to help me out?

Looking forward to find a solution.
CU Goemon
Soundbridge M1001 / uNSLUng / mt-daapd / [url=http://billiatjapan.netfirms.com/Tools4Roku] Tools4Roku
[/url]

Goemon

Rating now possible with Tools4Roku !

Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:28 pm

Hello folks,

I got my hand on this request. I just finished a new version of my Tools4Roku, which now allows you to rate the songs via the remote control.
You need perl and sqlite to use the tools4 roku. Maybe it can be adapted to WMP libary, too.
It uses the Left and right button, that are not assigned to any function during playback. So press right if you like a song, left if you do not like it. The new rating is then written into the firefly database.

Finally I can use smart playlists with the rating feature :wink:

I will do some testing and debugging at the weekend. So the next release will be out in one or two days.

CU
Goemon
Soundbridge M1001 / uNSLUng / mt-daapd / [url=http://billiatjapan.netfirms.com/Tools4Roku] Tools4Roku

[/url]