Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jlsoaz

Re: Still Would Like Rhapsody Direct

Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:14 am

CareyRokuUser wrote:
Support for Rhapsody Direct is still my dream feature, but given the age of this thread, it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Having to leave a computer running just to stream Rhapsody files seems pointless.

In general, Roku just does not seem committed to challenging themselves to identify worthwhile great features to have and go with them, for soundbridge development. The success of the video player is fantastic, and they have focus on that, I think, but it leaves us out in the cold for those of us who feel as though we see comparatively low-hanging-fruit where we are already fans and customers of the sound device as well and think they could have kept us.

I still use my soundbridge every day and am still thankful for it. In the 19 years since I bought my computer and the 30 years of buying A-V equipment and even instruments, I would put it somewhere in the top 5 or 10 "keepers" ... devices that I have ended up getting the most use out of, whose technology was timely and important to me, and which had a reasonable price. Mine has been trouble-free in my three or four years of ownership and has brought radio back into my life.

It is frustrating to see Roku seemingly blowing us off, for those of us who want to see continued aggressive soundbridge development, but I don't know their revenues and expenses and business concerns. Maybe they are making the right decisions in their focus away from soundbridge. Or, maybe they are doing more soundbridge development than I realize. I don't know.