Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

dovad
Topic Author

SoundBridge as AirPort Express

Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:13 pm

I just received and hooked up my first M1001 SoundBridge. I say first because I WILL be purchasing at least one more if not two M1001's. This gadget is impressive and ALMOST perfect. I say almost perfect because if one more feature was added and that would be the ability to also act as an AirPort Express and show up as one of the available speakers in iTunes. Of course it would have to play from iTunes in-sync with existing AirPort Expresses and computers.

Thanks for a great gadget!

pellegris

Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:00 pm

Absolutely agree.
I have 2 soundbridges, but now i buy a couple of airports as i want people at my party to select and play music from a jukebox program on a laptop.

If the soundbridges could be configured into 'slave-mode', that would save me the 'throuble' of buying addition gear my wife tells me we do not need.

ps: the 'work-around' for the airports to work with other-than-itunes is this little utility: http://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/windows/'

dovad
Topic Author

Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:24 am

Airfoil is a fabulous application! We think alike! If you have a couple of Mac's that you wish to include also try "Airfoil Speakers"! Very cool!