My condolences about your loss.
I got version 1.1 of the application running on 2G iPod Touch, latest software. Awesome work! I have a few comments.
(1) This seems a bug. I browse my artist list. Then I select an item, say U2. What I get on the next screens are all my albums, not just U2's - screen is exactly the same as if I had selected to browse Albums. Am I doing something wrong?
(2) I don't have a small library, 350+ artists, 16000+ tracks. Have you seen Apple's Remote for iTunes? Instead of the slim scroll bar on the right of the list, they put a column of all the letters. Sort of like a tabbed index, but without any visual tabbed UI. Once on the list page, I can tap on P and I go the the P artists right away. Or within a letter, as they letters a tiny.
Anyway, I find it convenient. I'd be happy if you do something like that. I tried dragging the slim scroll bar, but that didn't respond.
(3) When the RokuRemote is the foreground application, the Touch does not lock or turn off the screen. Is that by design?
(4) Lyrics - bravo!!!
(5) Can I change the icon for the app? I'd like an m500 on it.
(6) This is network FYI. I have two m500 streaming wirelessly (.11b) off a FireFly server running on Ubuntu. The m500-s are on a different subnet, firewalled by SmoothWall box from the secure subnet to which the FireFly and the Touch are connected. The RokuRemote discovered the two m500-s and is controlling them just fine.
Thank you for the nice application.