Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Shikara

Iphone ROKU Remote

Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:03 am

Any other questions people post and I will try answer.

Hi there,

great job! I was looking already very long for a tool to steer my different ROKU Soundbridges from my Iphone. Basically it works well.
Only one very bad behavior is to complain; I have a QNAP NAS with an itunes and twonkey server running on it. From both devices it is possible to choose and play back audio on two different M1001 siiting in my network. Only the order of Album titles is always wrong. They´re always totally mixed up. This is especially annoying while listening to audiobooks!

Only if I choose the itunes server running on my MacMini, the order of the tracks is fine and they´re played back in the right order from the M1001´s.

Is there any mistake that I´m probably doing or any work around for that?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Best regards,
Torsten

chris5287

Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:09 am

Hi Shikara, thanks for getting the app!

From my understanding, the issue you describe is that tracks are not displaying in track order but instead either by play count or alphabetically?? If so do not worry, this issue will be fixed in the next update of the app which is currently being coded.

smithapi

Recommand!! AppStore API - retrieve information from AppStor

Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:56 pm

Today I am Searching for an application which extract data from Apple Store and i found this
Apple Iphone AppStore API.This API isto retrieve information from App Store. With help of App Store API you can download all applications

information along with their developer, description, images and so on.

Get access to all categories

Books
Business
Education
Entertainment
Finance
Games
Action
Adventure
Healthcare & Fitness

and so on.

Store all fields available in AppStore like:
Application ID, Name, Seller, Category, Developer, Release Date, Price, Description and so on. Export

information to CSV, XML or other formats.

Before I Buy its Lifetime Support i want like to hear for you people

Check it and tell me about it!!

chris5287

Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:45 pm

depends what information you require from the app store. i found lots of free scripts that will extract information for free by doin google searches. the main one i use is to retrieve all reviews from all country stores for my app if a simple txt file so i can view all reviews without having to go through iTunes.

In other news... I've managed to solve my graphics problem out and can now display the roku display within the app. I have set it up so that it shows when you orientate your iPhone/iPod Touch to landscape mode while connected to a device. I'm adding the basic remote control buttons as well, so you can remote use the roku interface from your iPhone/iPod Touch without having to be near the roku at all. Next on my list is coding folder support! Will give an update here as things progress and I get closer to finishing this update!

chris5287

Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:43 am

Just a quicky of what the remote control with display looks like

liebra

Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:47 am

Hi there,

That remote looks very good. I can't wait for the update.
I bought rokuremote a couple weeks ago and can't live without it !

viceversa

Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:13 am

Every day I take a look in the Appstore for this great update.
Must have it, an cannot wait. Please let this dream come true.

dfsutherland

Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Chris:

Please don't poll the Roku for the display too frequently -- it causes glitches in the audio due to overloading the player's processor (at least it does on my M1001). I'd much rather have a static display of the current song, etc. than a live scrolling image of the rather low-res display from the front of the M1001!

More seriously, my single biggest issue is with the sticky volume control from currently shipping version. Fix that (and only that!) and I'd be thrilled with the app.

blubalu

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:39 am

I've been waiting almost a year now for an update of your app. Today I browsed this forum after months of having had lost hope for an update and what do I read? Chris is back at coding! Great news and I'm looking forward to the update.

Are there any hints on when the update might hit the app store?

Rello

Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:06 pm

I also accidentally stopped by ... looks like some great news!!!
Finally using the Alarm is in reach...

chris5287

RokuRemote Update

Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:35 am

Just wanted to post what i've just put on my blog as I know a few people check here for news:

Hi guys/gals, sorry its been a long time since the last post. Many things have happened since then.

Anyways, I just wanted to drop a line anout the next update to RokuRemote.

As you are probably aware, the lyrics service I was using within RokuRemote has stopped working due to licensing issues.This has now also happened to the album artwork service as well. So you will have to bare with me until the update is pushed out for these to be fixed.

The update is being coded as fast as possible (without neglecting quality), but is taking sometime due to the re-write of the code from the ground up. I decided to do this as version 3.0 of the iPhone software made some very big changes into the way that networking is dealt with, and by re-coding the remote to use this new infrastructure will mean a much more reliable connection to your Roku device. Also, the method in which song/album/artist etc… lists are retrieved from the Roku device has been changed to a sync method. This will mean when you access your libraries the first time will take sometime while a sync takes place, but from then on afterwards library access will be instant, which you will hopefully find a much better way to use the remote.

As for timescale on the update, I have set dates several times but due to life pressures and the fact I do this in my spare time all I can tell you is that the update is coming, it is being coded and it will be released free of charge to people who have already bought the app. All I can ask is for your patience please and hopefully in the end you’ll like the end product!

ruggierom

Album art and App update questions

Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:53 am

Hi Chris,

I just downloaded the app for my iPhone and I really like it, can't wait for the update!

Questions:
1) Will the update control a Rhapsody server?
- I guess what I don't understand is if the app is mimicing the actions of the actual IR remote why does it matter what server I connect to? Meaning... when I connect to Rhapsody it just erros out and disconnects, but iTunes, WinMedia, etc work fine. It would seem to me that the IR codes are the same for "Next Song", etc. regardless of the particular Media Server's implementation.

2) Regarding Album art... I've never seen this work. I even tried w/ all the MUSE albums I have : )
I see you are using the Amazon API, I am fairly familair with their WebServices APIs, is there anyway I can debug this to find out what is wrong?

Thanks,
Michael

chris5287

Re: Album art and App update questions

Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:34 pm

ruggierom wrote:
1) Will the update control a Rhapsody server?
- I guess what I don't understand is if the app is mimicing the actions of the actual IR remote why does it matter what server I connect to? Meaning... when I connect to Rhapsody it just erros out and disconnects, but iTunes, WinMedia, etc work fine. It would seem to me that the IR codes are the same for "Next Song", etc. regardless of the particular Media Server's implementation.

The remote does not actual mimic the IR remote, but uses an API that roku provides to talk to the soundbridge directly. This API provides different functions to poll the soundbridge for different information depending on the type of servers connected to it. For Rhapsody, it can only provide basic UPnP support and folder browsing, both of which i'm adding support for in the next update.

ruggierom wrote:
2) Regarding Album art... I've never seen this work. I even tried w/ all the MUSE albums I have : )
I see you are using the Amazon API, I am fairly familair with their WebServices APIs, is there anyway I can debug this to find out what is wrong?

Ill shall look at this issue when I get to it, ill let you know if your help will be required, thanks for the offer!

Hope this answers your questions

Rello

Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:50 pm

sooooooooooo

any news? :-)

pankajnagarkoti87

Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Spammer has been banned