Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

BeeJay

Re: Plus Sign???

Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:51 am

chris5287 wrote:
BeeJay wrote:
Hi Chris,

Thanks for this new version, my Pinnacle Soundbridge appears to be working now with my FreeNAS Server which uses MediaTomb, however, I don't see this + sign that everyone mentions, so I can't add any songs or albums to an existing queue? I'm using an iPod Touch with OS 3.1.2

As for adding songs to play, the only way I can get an album to play is to go into that album & select the first track, then the whole album is added to the queue. Why can't I just select the album title or multiple albums to play?

Thanks again.

This is due to the Roku API limitation for container support. It is impossible to tell whether a file is a song or folder when it is listed from the server. Are you able to add an album to the queue on the roku directly? I use firefly and so dont get any container support so it has been difficult for me to code and test this.

Thanks for your quick reply Chris - Good point, no I can't add an album to the queue on the Soundbridge directly.

chris5287

Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:03 am

BeeJay wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply Chris - Good point, no I can't add an album to the queue on the Soundbridge directly.

I wish I could be more helpful and provide alot more features but certain things are force due to the roku API, if only roku could get development on this going again. The soundbridge device is a wonderful piece of kit! If they could update the network interfaces with WPS then that would solve the main reason people fail to setup network connections, and with support for upnp baked directly into windows now, setting up a music server is no problem either.

BeeJay

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:12 am

chris5287 wrote:
BeeJay wrote:

I wish I could be more helpful and provide alot more features but certain things are force due to the roku API, if only roku could get development on this going again. The soundbridge device is a wonderful piece of kit! If they could update the network interfaces with WPS then that would solve the main reason people fail to setup network connections, and with support for upnp baked directly into windows now, setting up a music server is no problem either.

Thanks Chris, that's ok, RokuRemote makes using the SoundBridge way better & easier than the supplied remote and I'm sure you'll be adding more features as the project develops!

slumpmuffin

Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:30 am

The new update looks great, but I will have to wait until morning to try it out. It took almost 6 hours to sync my library. Once I figured out that I should turn the auto lock off and plug my iPhone in the procedure was left to work. The only set back was when the connection was lost over two hours in, or 7500 of 8900 on the artist sync leaving me having to start all over. If the hiccup hadn't happened the whole procedure would have only taken half the time. Sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm not. Really excited to listen to my Roku tomorrow.

bongolf

Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:44 am

Hi!

Thanks for a really nice app!
However I´m having some problems with the new 2.0 version.

It looks like the syncing with the server is working just fine.
I can see that its processing Artists and Genres, but when it´s finnished and I choose Artists or Albums it says "None found".

I can find and play my music if I use the Keyword Serch or Containers.

Server: tversity Release 1.7.4 on Windows XP.
Iphone 3G OS 3.1.3

frml

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:33 am

@ artwork: I have a internet connections via wifi but no artwork is downloaded. Is this a problem with itunes or do I have something to get this?

chris5287

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:39 am

frml wrote:
@ artwork: I have a internet connections via wifi but no artwork is downloaded. Is this a problem with itunes or do I have something to get this?

Can you check iPhone Settings -> RokuRemote and make sure artwork downloading is switched on. There seems to be an issues where the default is being set to off for some people.

bongolf wrote:
I can see that its processing Artists and Genres, but when it´s finnished and I choose Artists or Albums it says "None found".

This is strange behaviour if the application does complete the sync successfully, I will look into the crash logs for this issue.

slumpmuffin

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:57 pm

I really like the new browse by genre feature. Its absence was my only gripe with the previous version of RokuRemote. The new landscape view is pretty cool too.

That said, I'm rolling back to the previous version. It took a long time to sync the first time, which I had no trouble with. Little did I know that re-syncing starts from scratch every time rather than just adding new files, or so it would seem.

Last night I added a couple albums in to my firefly folder so I thought I'd do a quick re-sync. The app hung at about two hours into the process. Today I tried again twice over the course of 10 hours and failed both times. If this ends up bugging anyone else, then I'll look forward to the update. If not, I'm cool with v1.1.

I appreciate your hard work Chris.

g12345

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi Chris. Have been trying out for a few days now. I have not been able to achieve a successful sync (Iphone 3GS, Qnap TS-109 running Twonky). Screen shows that sync is taking place, but when complete the app just exits. On restart Artists, Albums, Genre all indicate Requires Sync.

I'm not too bothered about that, however, because I can see myself using the browse by containers feature which works ok. What would be good to see in an update - if possible please - is either an alphabet at the side to quick jump to albums by first letter, or a return of the kind of search feature that was in the previous version, which achieved the same result for fast browsing. The keyword search in the new version is ok, but a search for an album title lists all the songs on that album without any apparent way of simply playing them all in the right order. I may be missing something, but haven't figured out a way to duplicate what I used to do in the previous version.

As in my previous post, I really appreciate your efforts on this and hope that the feedback is helpful ! Apart from the issues mentioned above, I am loving the quick starting and complete stability I'm getting with the new version!

Look forward to updates in due course. Many thanks. :)

bongolf

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:23 am

chris5287 wrote:
bongolf wrote:

This is strange behaviour if the application does complete the sync successfully, I will look into the crash logs for this issue.

Great!
Just let me know if you need any more information, or if you want me test test something.

bobejr

Re: iPod Touch App - Controlling M1001

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:03 am

Great improvements. I agree with the comments concerning small font sizes on long titles.

The only problem I see is that when you sync with the music library, the "Album Artist", if present, does not override the "Artist" resulting in multiple albums. An example: for two songs in the same album, with song "X" by Artist "A" and song "Y" by Artist "A with B" will sync as two albums even if the Album Artist is "A" for both songs. A bit frustrating if you want to play an entire album.

Thanks for Version 2. Bob

growers

Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:06 pm

Any idea why a re-sync clears all my previously downloaded album art? Anyone else getting this?

Ta!
Roku M500, M2000
Pinnacle Soundbridge
Linksys NSLU2 running Firefly

chris5287

Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:14 pm

growers wrote:
Any idea why a re-sync clears all my previously downloaded album art? Anyone else getting this?

Ta!

It's a bug (well to be honest a design flaw) in the database schema which i've changed in v2.1, which I'm planning on submitting at the weekend.

growers

Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:15 pm

chris5287 wrote:
growers wrote:

Ta!

It's a bug (well to be honest a design flaw) in the database schema which i've changed in v2.1, which I'm planning on submitting at the weekend.

Great thanks Chris 8)
Roku M500, M2000
Pinnacle Soundbridge
Linksys NSLU2 running Firefly

chris5287

Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:17 pm

bobejr wrote:
Great improvements. I agree with the comments concerning small font sizes on long titles.

The only problem I see is that when you sync with the music library, the "Album Artist", if present, does not override the "Artist" resulting in multiple albums. An example: for two songs in the same album, with song "X" by Artist "A" and song "Y" by Artist "A with B" will sync as two albums even if the Album Artist is "A" for both songs. A bit frustrating if you want to play an entire album.

Thanks for Version 2. Bob

Once again this is a design flaw in the database, which is being altered for v2.1 to co-inside with the on-the-fly syncing method which is replacing the current syncing method.