Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

RadioHasBadUserInterface
Topic Author

Remember WPA/WEP keys for router

Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:20 pm

I would like to take the radio to work, back to home, or to a friend's home.

Each time it visits one of those places, the radio forces another manual rekeying of the WPA/WEP keys, over and over again.

Please fix the radio so that it can remember more than only one WPA/WEP key!!!!!!!

Burkhardi

Re: Remember WPA/WEP keys for router

Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:38 pm

RadioHasBadUserInterface wrote:
I would like to take the radio to work, back to home, or to a friend's home.

Each time it visits one of those places, the radio forces another manual rekeying of the WPA/WEP keys, over and over again.

Please fix the radio so that it can remember more than only one WPA/WEP key!!!!!!!

Nice passive-aggresive user name BTW 8)

This has been asked for a while off and on and I think someone suggested they have a list of "trusted conenctions" that you could use (e.g. Four saved zones that you can scroll thru, like Home, Work, BillyBobs and TheGuyNextDoorThatIamStealingWiFiFrom).

There is a feature sugestion area, perahps you can post your request in there? Yours sounds like a UI deal, so here is a link to the UI request thread.
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?t=3111

Welcome to the forums, Matt
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

RadioHasBadUserInterface
Topic Author

Re: Remember WPA/WEP keys for router

Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:50 pm

Thanks Matt.

Storing more than one WPA/WEP key and associating each key to the proper router would be a new feature.

Having a UI that required manual intervention forcing the user to pick the right WPA/WEP key for a router or "zone" would be a UI issue.