Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Dwe
Topic Author

In which Thread : RTSP Support requested

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:59 am

I did not know, in which thread should it be and also in which thread the request is not still dead:
Request:
The request is the RTSP support.
Reason:
A lot of radiostreams does supported this kind of stream very nice ( e.g. 101.ru ) and other formats, which supported the SB in this moment only temporary. With the support if RTSP, it will be much comfortable to stream the stations. On a PC under Microsoft and Linux I have no problem to listen this station - why not also the SB without any problem?
THX a lot from Munich

dupondt

Re: In which Thread : RTSP Support requested

Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi Dwe,

The request is the RTSP support.

it might be time to read this post by Roku's CEO: http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?p=121882&highlight=#121882.

why not also the SB without any problem?

Very few internet radio devices support WMA over RTSP, so the SoundBridge is in good company. Microsoft themselves recommend to enable the HTTP fallback in Windows Media Services.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

Dwe
Topic Author

Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:18 pm

HI
I'm sorry to hear, that the SB was not so established on market, so that you have a nice business and we ( the customer ) have longer and more SW sustaining ( incl. new feature & protocols ).
After I have found the SB, I ( from Munich) have order this one direct beside you in USA, because its was and is a nice and lovely Device.

Microsoft themselves recommend to enable the HTTP fallback in Windows Media Services.

But it doesn't help, if the Fallback not avilable - and a fallback is at every time only the 2nd choise.
:oops: