Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

EricIsDeliriou5
Topic Author

Change behavior on Roku Remote "Return" button whe

Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:12 pm

Hey guys.

I'd love to request an update to the Roku M1001 firmware that would change the behavior of the "Return" button (the one just below the brightness button) when the Roku is playing a song.

When I'm actively playing a song, and I push the "Return" button, I would like to see the Roku take me up a level in the music structure. So if I'm playing a song, in an album, in an artist, I would like to see the "Return" button take me up a level to the artist so I can see all of the album artists.

This would be very helpful when you're listening to a song for an artist and then want to hear another song from the same artist on a different album. Currently, the only option that we have is to hit the "Home" button which will take me to the very top of my music structure. This is a **real** pain to have to scroll / jump through all of the artists to find the one that I wanted to listed to.

The "Return" button current has no function assigned to it during playback of a song, so it seems this would be a great fit.

Please let me know if you have any questions about what I'm trying to explain. Thanks!

EricIsDeliriou5
Topic Author

Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:41 am

bregent wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you, but the SoundBridge products are at end of life and no further developments or enhancements are being considered. Your idea was requested by many others years ago and ignored by Roku.

Thanks for the heads up. Man, I guess losing Roku Mike was the death blow. C'est la vie, the SB still works awesome.

alanmc

Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:32 am

EricIsDeliriou5 wrote:
I guess losing Roku Mike was the death blow

Never have so few words described the position more factually or accurately :cry:

amdb7

Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:34 pm

EricIsDelirious5:

You may want to try running a different server for your music library.

Both SqueezeBox Server (formerly SqueezeCenter and formerly SlimServer) and FUPPES will let you browse by server container while you are playing a song. I've run them both with my SoundBridges.

I just tried SqueezeBox Server v7.4.1, and while you are playing a song, you can back up using the left arrow key and use other arrow keys to go to other levels and artists.

I have used FUPPES version SVN-578 and I recall that I could browse by containers, but it does not have the level of function that Squeezebox Server has.

The "Asset UPnP" server will let you browse by folder but you have to get the premium version.

TVersity might also let you do it.

EricIsDeliriou5
Topic Author

Thanks for the tip!

Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:24 pm

I was just looking at TVersity, so this is some really great advice. Thanks so much!