Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

SoundGeek

digital out sample rate

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:30 pm

I'd like the ability to use my QED Digit DAC, which can only use a 44.1 kHz sample rate. I'd like to understand the rationale behind upsampling everything to 48 kHz...does it make the hardware simpler/cheaper or something?

RobinMonks

Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:42 am

rem wrote:
That extra 8th of an inch or whatever to allow better quality cables (both Cat5 and digital audio) to connect easily without breaking the endcaps

this should be and easy one to implement...and one that works with existing soundbridges.

re-design the end caps to be longer, possibly 3/4" to 1" longer, keeping everything else the same. that way, no more severely bent network cables and audio cables at the point of connection.

incorporate the new end caps into future soundbridges, and you can still sell them as accessories to owners of current soundbridges.

Yeah, I've sent some audio cables to an early grave on mine too. I'm using dollar store cabels now that are a bit thinner.

Robin

Baby Jocko

Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:05 pm

OLED screen -- color OLED would be real nice

FALP

Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:21 am

Apple Lossless and wireless "G" card. 8)

isrZY

Re: mixed hardware request

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:39 am

gdude wrote:
This is a mixed hardware/software request.

2. Adding a USB port to the Soundbridge itself where you can directly connect and play mp3s stored on USB memorysticks or hard drives. Ideally, the Soundbridge would even share this drive over the WLAN, making it accessible to other PCs on the network as well. Again, this would allow you to have your entire CD collection accessible at all time, without having a PC turned on.

It will be great to have USB port on the Soundbridge. On the other hand you already have SD port on your Radio box, thus, I suppose, adding at least same port on the Soundbridge would not require too much software changes. As a potential customer I will be ready to pay extra $ for this feature.

chrisjothi

Completely new remote

Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:41 pm

I think it is fair to say that the majority of Roku users are true fans of music. We succumbed to digitising our music and may have even given up the ghost of CD and moved onto things like iTunes and Rhapsody, but the most important thing is to be able to listen to music with a bit of respect, through our stereos, as opposed to through tinny speakers or an iPod.

Therefore our music libraries are larger than most. I don't want to brag but I have 13800 songs (the majority in Apple lossless may I add, because I converted all my CDs and ebayed the lot of them!). So navigating through them using Roku's existing remote is laborious and often I make playlists of music I want to listen to just so I can navigate to the music quicker.

I therefore think the answer to the slowish navigation would be implementing a scrolling button that you see on most computer mouses into the remote. By scrolling it up or down, and then have the ability to press it to select further options or play a song, would mean being able to navigate through the menus far quicker.

This could also be a solution for fast forwarding and rewinding. To explain, when playing a song if you scrolled this button upwards the time of the song would advance and then you could press the button in to actually go that time and play on. Vice versa for going backwards.

And finally, if this was implemented, all existing Roku user should be allowed some sort of rebate if such a remote were made.

NOW WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT?!?! In my mind it seems so simple, but maybe I need to explain it better?

beeka

Re: New Remote

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:58 pm

cosmo wrote:
I would like to have a new remote control with alphanumerical buttons like a cellphone. This would make it much easier to perform a search as I think it's very annoying to scroll through the whole alphabet with the arrow buttons.

I'd like to add a "me too" to this, although I'm not sure if a remote with more buttons could look as stylish 8) . I would be delighted with software support for number/abc buttons which could be used by people (like me) with programmable remote controls.

Using these buttons in the squeezebox emulation would be great too.

Cheers,

Steve.

dinkeldorf

Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:26 am

Well "G" has come and gone, how about "n".
Roku M1001 (releaged to the basemetn); Harman Kardon AVR430 & AVR235. 5 indoor + 1 outdoor zones +Theatre room 5.1 built ins
Sonos ZP100 x 2 NEW
Gigabit whole home network; 802.11BGN, D link DNS323 2x500GB

Andrew Dade

USB support

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:36 am

Another request for USB support, the size getting larger and cost of USB storage is getting lower by the day, some car radios now have them too.

I would buy a new SB if USB support were to be added.

Roku_alo

Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:32 pm

How about the ability to "read"/"connect to" USB and Card- ports in the same home network. Like all the nice sluts I have on my HP-All-Inn-One-printer? This could open a lot of options.

jradi

Multiplayer Sync

Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:52 am

I would've put this in the software requests category, but I've come to realize it will require a new design to the soundbridge.

I'd love a brand new version of the soundbridge that allows sonos-like multiplayer/multiroom sync.

Thanks.

pgenera

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:14 pm

I want, incredibly badly, a portable soundbridge. Something in the form factor of the now-discontinued Tivoli PAL which is small, rechargeable battery powered, monaural (preferably) and does all the roku things we expect. Tivoli is coming out with a digital-audio version of their SongBook called the NetWorksGo, but I doubt they'll get the software right, and their press statements say nothing about music server support.

The big problem here? A non-sideways form factor. I imagine a PAL with a 4-line or so display where the tuning knob is.

googzzhk

Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:38 am

The SoundBridge needs to have improved WiFi reception. Although I can now make WiFi on the SoundBridge to work fine but the reception can be affected by trivial environment changes, like closing the door of the room where the wireless router is installed. But this doesn't affect my other WiFi devices at home, such as my notebooks.

Also, a typical 5 minute song in Apple Lossless format is less than 30 MB. TheSoundBridge can have more memory on it so that it can buffer the entire song or the next song to reduce the chance of "re-buffering".

humba

Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:10 am

An USB port would be great, as would a power button (which triggers a real standby where the WiFi is off).
Depending on when any new hardware might be released, the WiFi should be 802.11n or g (I know the device doesn't need the bandwidth, but while backward compatibility is a nice thing, it's still better to run your entire network on the same standard - and the faster the better).

jamarotta

Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:40 am

802.11n support! WEP isn't supported in the 'n' spec, so the only way to run a soundsbridge with an '802.11n' router is run it in mixed mode and unsecured. Even then its only communicating at 802.11b levels! This needs to be addressed to keep Roku competitive!