Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

RokuPatrick

Internet Radio Feature Requests

Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:09 am

If you have a feature request that has to do with internet radio, please post it here. While we are, of course, interested in what our customers want, it does not mean it will happen just because it is requested.

Bear

Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:15 pm

I guess this is the right place to ask for aacPlus streaming.

I'd like to be able to get: http://mpr-aac.streamguys.com:80/
-----Bear

mcfh

Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:03 am

Support for Real Audio so we can get the BBC

kleinerp

Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:02 am

Can I second the call for Real Audio support. Most of the national radio in the UK uses this format so it is desperately needed to make the Soundbridge a complete product

temita2

Live365 VIP Support

Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:13 am

I'd like to see native Live365 VIP support, I think this is something many other have requested.

Tomas

More stream formats

Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:02 am

I would like to have support for windows media streams and real audio stream. When (if?) these formats are implemented I would not really need any more functionality, even though all extra features are nice.

ian

Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:14 am

It would be really neat if the SB could connect to a central "station server" (maintained at the roku website), and browse through stations by genre, and play them.

Hopefully it could piggyback of the regular musicserver client code, so would be pretty simple to implement, but it would be great to browse through radio stations just like regular music.

Ian

grommet

Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:26 am

Stream bit-rate information with the built-in radio player. "Get Info" shows virtually nothing currently.

dozy

RealAudio Please

Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:41 am

I read an excellent review with regard to your SoundBridge product in the May 2005 edition of What Hi-Fi. It had all features I was looking for, connects to my Hi-Fi amp or powered speakers, Ethernet connection to my switch/router, Internet Radio without the need to have my PC running, a remote, easy to setup and use, and to top it all compact and stylish design. :D

Unfortunately when I read what Internet audio streams are support I realised wouldn’t be able to listen to my favourite BBC Radio stations viz Radio 4 , Radio 5 Live and BBC 7. :(

Please could you add support for RealAudio.

PS: I think I may have already posted this in the general forum.

retrospek

Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:38 pm

Please Please Please include Real Audio streaming so that stations like the BBC will work.

Thanks,
Mark

AmazinglySmooth

Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:13 pm

XM Radio Online support

wideasleep1

Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:22 pm

ian wrote:
It would be really neat if the SB could connect to a central "station server" (maintained at the roku website), and browse through stations by genre, and play them.

Hopefully it could piggyback of the regular musicserver client code, so would be pretty simple to implement, but it would be great to browse through radio stations just like regular music.

Ian

Excellent idea! Kinda like the SqueezeNetwork:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=14969

I'm not sure how 'up to the task' Roku is in becoming a content provider, but it sure would make for a much more pleasant user experience to have Roku do all of the radio station url maintenance(my recent issues), along with custom formats(xmradio,real,wma streaming,etc) that the client presently lacks. I would also expect techsupport would see a decrease in activity, as the Roku would offer up RokuNet,InternetRadioFavs(saved preferences locally, but urls still maintained by Roku), and Home Server(Twonky in my case). The RSS streaming of News/Weather/Podcasts would be icing on the cake! I know that a transition from hardware provider to content provider would be a major focus shift, but please entertain and discuss the idea. Thanks guys! :)
Then as it was, then again it will be
An' though the course may change sometimes,
rivers always reach the sea

M1000x2,M2000,Twonky 4.3.3 RC1 beta on LinkStation HGLAN400gig,Buffalo whr-g54s on DD-WRTfirmware-luv'in it!

twylie

"non-advancing" internet radio stations

Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:39 pm

not sure if this is a feature request or an overall change in behavior, but...

I'd like to have it "locked" to an internet radio station. The problem I have today is that if my broadband hiccups for any length of time, the SB gives the message asking me to stop or play next. Without any user input it starts playing next. End result is that on days that Comcast is doing any work near me, I end up losing internet radio, only to have it return on another channel.

I'm planning on using an M1000 as part of a whole house audio system and I'd like to leave it locked on Radioparadise for the "default" when that source is selected.

Thanks,

twylie

Tomas

There is a work-around...

Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:54 pm

twylie,

There is a work-around to the "bug" you are seeing. Press "repeat" twice on the remote to activate "track repeat". When you get a network problem the SB will play next stream, that is actually the same => problem solved. The only trouble is that the "repeat track" function is not remembered if the SB is put in standby and awakened.

I agree with you about that the behaviour for internet radio streams should be changed though.

adrianr

Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:56 pm

Yet another vote for RealAudio streams. I am really missing my Radio 1 (BBC), this would be a great present!